Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Timothy’s POV

       I roll over, and feel his body against me. My eyes fly open, and I look around the room, where Sean and I lie together. I’m actually sleeping in a bed? It takes me a moment to bring myself to the present. I never have to go the arena again? A smile lights up my face, and I turn my head to gaze at his still sleeping form. I’m tempted to reach out and touch his peaceful face. It’s been so long since we’ve been together, and yet here we are, just as if no time has passed.

       I know he wouldn’t be laying here, if he knew what I did with Wesley. That’s when I realize the awkward situation I’m about to find myself in. Seth and I have been growing closer and closer every day and I’ve actually been with Sean and Wesley. I have three people who want to be with me, in the same ship. How is this going to end? Guilt consumes me, and after fifteen minutes of soulful debates with my conscience, I decide that I need to tell Sean about the night I thought he was dead.

       I know this could ruin everything, and he may hate me, but he deserves to know. I roll out of his arms, and onto my feet. This must be a different ship because my clothes are nowhere to be found. I slide open the closet, and thankfully sigh, when I see my bag of clothes has been unpacked, and hung on the rack with all of Sean’s things. I pull off an outfit, and leave the room. I quietly tiptoe through the ship, looking for the bathroom. I push open a door, and find myself face to face with Danielle.

       Her hair is wrapped in a towel, and she has a toothbrush in her mouth. I look at the dull bruises on my little sister’s face, and I raise my hand to gently touch her cheek.

       “I’m so sorry, he did this to you” I say, and she shakes her head stubbornly. I know that none of them will let me take the blame, for what has happened to them, but honestly it’s the truth. I can’t take it anymore. I pull her into a tight hug, and she responds with tears.

       We stand there in the entrance of the bathroom, for a few minutes, and silently soak up the feeling of home. When we finally pull away, she wipes her eyes, and points in the direction of another bedroom, and walks off with the toothbrush still in her mouth. I continue into the bathroom, and close the door behind me. Taking all my clothes off, I toss them too the floor. They don’t need to be washed because they’re my arena clothes, so they’ll naturally go in the garbage, or the fire.

       I turn the water to a slightly scolding soothing temperature, and slide into the shower. I immediately grab the bottle of shampoo, and lather my hair thoroughly. I haven’t washed my hair in weeks because of my imprisonment, and then the arena. I relish in the feeling of the water on my body, and I quickly wash my entire body. After I’m done scrubbing the dirt off my body, and the grease from my hair, I repeat the process to wash the grief, and the death off of my body. The arena makes me feel dirty, and this somewhat makes it better.

       I begin to hum softly to the tune of my old favorite song. It’s a catchy upbeat song, and soon I’m swaying in the shower, and happily humming the tune. After I finish the song, I put shampoo in my hair one more time, and scrub soap all over my body. I’m completely clean by now, but I just need to feel clean. I’m almost clean, but not quite. I’m just rinsing my hair and body out, when arms wrap around me. I can tell it’s Sean, so I turn around and kiss him passionately.

       “Hey” he whispers, but I don’t want to talk. I’m safe, well rested, and clean. I thought I had lost him, and I never thought we could be like this again. I pull his face close again, and press my lips against his again. I wrap my arms around his neck, and deepen the kiss. He smiles, and kisses me back immediately. I look down at his naked body, and watch as the water streams off of him. A smile crosses my face, and he mimics me. I throw myself into him.

       He pushes me against the wall, and kisses me urgently. I can feel the love in every touch, but I want more. I blush, as he lift me off the ground, and places my legs around his waist. I close my eyes pleasurably, when his kisses move down my neck. The water is steaming, and so are we. I feel so close to him, in this moment. He is my entire world, and I want to give him all of me. I open my eyes, and see the look of love he has on his face. I know that I chose well.

       He presses himself against me, and kisses me more aggressively. After a few moments, I’m out of breath. We continue though. It is the most intimate experience of my life. I let my worries go, and relax in the moment. I concentrate on the feeling of it all, and soon after, I find myself in ecstasy. He leans against me, as his stamina runs low, and we both gasp with fatigue, and pleasure. I arch my back, as he collapses against me, and we continue to stare into each other’s eyes.

Sean’s POV

       I stare into timothy’s eyes, as the world slowly comes back into focus. I was having doubts on whether we would be able to pick off where we left off, but my worries have been extinguished like a flame. We are still just as in love as we have been since day one, if not even deeper in love. I feel amazing. I’ve only ever had sex the one time in the arena, but it was nothing like now. The only word to describe what I just felt is magical. That was truly a magical experience.

       I reach over and turn the shower off, before lowering Timothy back to his feet. He looks as if he doesn’t want to let go, but he reluctantly stands on his feet, and grabs a towel from the shelf beside us. I wrap a towel around myself, as well. We stand there in silence, for a few minutes.

       “I love you” he says, and love bubbles in my stomach. How is it that he gets me every time with that one line? He has so much affect over me. It’s almost mind blowing.

       I remember the necklace, and reach over to the jeans I brought to wear. I force my hand into the pocket, and feel around for the chain. I pull it out of the pocket, but keep it concealed in my closed fist.

       “I love you too, but I have something for you” I say, and a smile appears on his face.

       “What is it?” he asks curiously, and I hold out my hand, keeping my fist closed still.

       “I don’t want anyone, but you to have this, so don’t lose it again okay?” I ask.

       I open my fist, and his mouth drops open. He lifts his hand to his neck, and then looks into my eyes. I can see the confusion in his eyes.

       “How?” he asks, and I smile, before launching into the story of finding the necklace near a bloodstain, and freaking out. I pull him closer to me, and un hook the chain, before fastening it around his neck once more.

       “Maybe you should know something” I say, looking down at my feet.

       “I need you to take care of that necklace because I recently found out that our entire town was destroyed. My parents and sisters were killed in the bombing” I say, and his face drops. He wraps his arms around me, and we stand like that for a long silent moment, before we hurriedly get dressed, and join the others in the dining room. We don’t talk about our intimate morning again, but it doesn’t leave my mind, for a second. I can’t concentrate on anything else.