Snow Day Gone Hot

I hum as I shove the snow to our chicken coop, it had snowed a whole bunch last night and school had been canceled. So I got to stay home and help with the farm! My first order of business was to free the chickens. We kept them as pets and for a source of eggs! I loved eggs, and marshmallows. I laugh to myself as the chickens are freed by me. I bend down and pick my chicken up. "Hello Iris, you cold?" I ask the small chicken. Iris doesn't reply. I laugh and put her down and run to our house to open the doors for the chickens. "Emma, how are the chickens?" My dad asks looking up from his newspaper. "Awesome but cold" I reply and close the door. "Emma sweetie, what would you like for breakfast?" My mum asks. I run over to my mum and hug her. "May I please have a egg?" I request still hugging her. "Yes you can Emma, go sit down while I cook" Mum replied. I nod and go sit down at the table drinking the cup of hot chocolate that my dad handed me.

"Good job on clearing the snow Emma, we got two feet last night! Weather man says we should get at least four more by Friday" Dad explains and pats me on the back. I smile and sip my hot cocoa "Thank you dad" I mumble smiling still. "Your welcome munchkin" Dad replies and finishes his coffee. "I'm going to go feed the goats, don't let the chickens steal my paper" He says and walks outside. Mum and I laugh "Dad, the chickens won't steal your paper!" I say still laughing. "You never know" He replies and closes the door. Mum hands me my egg "Here you go Emma, after your done go help your father with the goats" She explains and ruffles my hair. I nod and dig into my egg. I finish it as quickly as I can, mostly because I think the goats are cool. "Mum I'm going to go help dad now! Thank you for breakfast!" I yell as I run out the door. "Be careful sweetie!" Mum yells back as I run to the goat pen.

"How is Snowy?" I ask looking at our new goat, he was born a few days ago and was still really weak. "I think we'll have to keep him inside for the winter" Dad mutters picking him up and walking to the house. I nod and run off to go build a snowman. I start to feel hot but chalk it up to the snow and how cold it was. I then start to smell smoke. I look down and see the snow under my feet was melting. "Wha- what the heck?!" I yell as I look at my feet. My shoes and socks were gone and my poor feet were on fire! I scream and jump around in the snow trying out my feet out. Then I noticed my hands, they were burning to. I jump in a snow bank that puts me out. Still shaking I sit up and see that most of my clothes had been burned off.

My dad saw me and ran over. "Emma! What happened?!" He yell running over to hug me. "Dad, don't touch me!" I yell and scoot away from him. "I might burn you..." I mumble and tear up. "Sweetie it's okay, don't worry" Dad says hugging me tightly. I start to cry harder as he carries me back to the house. I was set down on my bed and my dad tucked me in. "Don't worry Emma, you'll be okay soon..." Dad whispers and walks out closing the door behind him.