Prolouge

If you're reading this, it's probably either for study or fun. If it's for fun, great for you! Either you're a mortal, a half-blood who doesn't know about themselves, or a half-blood who just doesn't care. If it's for study, you're probably at Camp Half-Blood, and just want to learn more about past demigods, or are new and need to know about the world and our place in it.

Before I explain any further, I might as well mention that I am not an expert. I've learnt from my experiences, which you will read in this book, and any after it. Each demigod or demigoddess must learn how to survive on their own. Yes, you will have help along the way, such as camp or other half-bloods, but ultimately they cannot teach you how to survive. You must learn this on your own.

Now, if you read this and can understand or connect with my words, close this book immediately. You could be one of us. And while it may sound (and is) exciting, it is mostly dangerous. Depending on who your godly parent is, you might never be able to lead a "normal" life. The more powerful you are, the more monsters you attract.

And while I'd like to be all sweet and kind and say that all demigods are equal in power, a child of Zeus will automatically be stronger then say, a child of Lyssa (a minor goddess of which you'll most likely learn about in your studies). It sucks, but that means they have to deal with more monsters. They need to be stronger, or else they wouldn't survive.

Of course, some of you don't need to worry about any of that. The mist guards you, and even if you can see through it, the monsters won't pay you any attention. Not that anyone who that applies to will believe any of this is true.

So I guess I should truly begin. This book was made to tell you my tale, to inform you, and most of all: to make sure you don't make the same mistakes. I'm still standing here today, and I hope that after your story, you will too.