Chapter 45

Michael

I couldn't take it anymore. I got up and stormed out of the hospital room. I wasn't going to leave Ambur there. No way, I wasn't heartless. I just needed some fresh air to understand that she didn't remember me.
I probably should have realised earlier that because I hurt her, she'd have to remember me on her own terms. I probably should have paid more attention when mum watched these shows. I would have expected it then.

"Hey you okay?" I heard someone ask me, I looked up and saw Leah's dad
"Not really," I told him, "but you don't care," I ran a hand through my messy blonde hair
"Mate," he said, "that's where you're wrong,"
"You have a funny way of showing it," I scoffed, "you and your wife told me and my friends to get out earlier,"
"No, that was my wife," he told me, "Kaye, just refuses to believe people she doesn't know,"
"Yeah, I can see that," I let out a sigh, "but why is she so hell bent on believing Georgia? Why would I even bother trying to defend myself if I was to blame?"
"You deserve to be heard out," he told me, "she just doesn't like what you guys, as in your band have done to Leah,"
"Leah's an amazing girl," I told him, "but if you guys actually paid attention to what was going on in her life, you'd know that,"
"I agree, I don't know what happened, she seemed to have spoken and opened up to you,"
"She did," I agreed
"Can you tell me?" He asked, "I'd like to know what happened to my daughter, I noticed over the last month or so, she'd been a lot happier,"
"Yeah," I nodded, "it was a Monday night, she was really drunk, and started messaging me on Twitter, I followed her a couple of weeks before that,"
"Yeah I remember the text of a screenshot she sent Kaye, saying something along the lines of, and you said he'd never notice me,"
"I'm not surprised she did that," and a small laugh escaped my mouth, "she sent a message the next day saying she hoped I didn't see what she wrote. When I get bored sometimes I read through the Direct Messages I get from fans. Usually it they all say the same thing, like I love you and all that, Leah's was different. So I decided to reply," I explained everything, telling him why she was doing what she was doing. What he said next was the most shocking
"Thank you,"
"what?"
"Thank you, for making my daughter happy again,"
"It was nothing, helping people is apart of what I do, talking to her made me happy as well,"
"What do you mean?" He asked
"During the tour, and well for the last few years, I haven't been coping so well my self, we had a quick ten day break in the middle of our American leg and I ended up seeing a therapist. It helped, but honestly, talking to Leah helped more,"
"I honestly don't know how you deal with all the crap you have to put up with," he said
"Yeah it's hard," I agreed
"You're a good guy Mike," he said, "I'm glad you started talking to Leah,"
"Honestly? I think it was the smartest thing I've ever done,"