Chapter 27

Leah

Today was Wednesday, and it marked the half way point of Michael's visit. Time had gone way too quickly, and I was dreading him leaving. Honestly, I was so scared that when he left, it would go back to how everything was. That he'd leave and leave us behind. I didn't want that to happen, but I couldn't think about that. That would only ruin the little time we had left together.

Today we were going shopping. I was honestly petrified of going out with him, in public. I wasn't sure how to act. I didn't think we could act like we had in the privacy of my home or at the beach when it was dark, and I certainly didn't want all of the hate that could occur, if I was seen holding hands with Michael.

We left my apartment, and for some reason or another Michael really wanted to catch the tram in, (American's: this is like the cable cars in San Fran), "I want a typical Melbourne city experience," he told me, when I offered to drive us in, even though parking would cost a bomb. I eventually gave in, when he actually took my keys, shoving them in his pockets. I was glad my apartment locked from the inside.

Twenty minutes later, we got off the tram, "where do you wanna go?" I asked him, "I don't really need anything,"
"Is there a place I can buy like band tops and shit?" He asked, "you have quite a few, and I wanna see what they have,"
"Yeah, there's this awesome little vintage shop," I said, and lead the way to Retro Star.

Surprisingly somewhere in the few minute walk from the tram stop, Michael grabbed my hand. My first instinct was to let go, but I decided against it, knowing he was okay with showing affection like this, made me okay with it as well.
Being in Retro Star with Michael was like being with a kid in a candy store. We spent about forty five minutes in there. We went to the counter to pay, when we had what we wanted, "did I tell you about what happened last time I came in here?" I asked him
"No you didn't," he said, "what happened?"
"I asked if they had any All Time Low and other Green Day tops, and the guy was like whose All Time Low and Green Day?"
"Are you fucking kidding me?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me, as we waited in line
"Sadly, I'm not,"
"He's a fucking idiot then," he laughed, "oh my God!"
"What?" I asked, resting my head on his chest
"I have an idea,"
"Please don't embarrass me Mikey," I begged

It was finally our turn to be served, "just these?" The guy gestured to our large pile of tops
"Yeah, I'm paying for my own," I said, and Michael gave me a look as if to say don't be ridiculous
"I actually have a question," Michael spoke up, and the guy looked at him, "do you have any 5 Seconds of Summer merch?" He asked, "I couldn't see anything," I gave a small laugh, I knew he would do this, the guy gave us a look
"Who are they, are they a band or a brand?"
"Are you serious?" Michael asked, acting completely shocked, he actually was, and so was I, if I'm being honest, "they are only one of the most well known bands at the moment,"
"If we have anything of theirs it'll be in the band merch room," the guy said, it was then I noticed that this was the same guy from the last time I came in
"I can't believe you don't know who they are!" Michael said, "my girl can't buy any merch of theirs and they're her favourite band!" My heart skipped a beat, when he called me his girl. I knew he didn't mean it like that
"I'm sorry sir," the guy said, "we really only stock older bands and to be honest I don't know most of them either,"
"And you work at this place?" Michael was flabbergasted and I was trying not to laugh.

We soon decided just to pay for our stuff and go and grab lunch on Degraves Street, a cute alley way just of Flinders Street. What would normally be a two minute walk, ended up taking us ten. Michael kept stopping me every few steps, just to kiss me; cute little pecks or Eskimo kisses. This was beyond anything I could ever have imagined. This was shit straight out of a fan fiction. I'd gotten over my fear of hate; for now. Deciding that I would just keep off of Twitter for a little while if any fans see us.

We took a seat, and instantly Michael was approached by fans, "I'm so sorry to interrupt," one said, "but do you mind if we get a photo?"
"Go ahead," I said, not wanting to be the reason he tells them no. He didn't even look at me before I answered for him, "do you want me to take it?" I asked
"Would you?" She said, "that's so kind of you," she was genuinely polite.

We decided to head back to my apartment a couple of hours later. Both of us were tired. I'd forgotten how exhausting shopping could be.
We both sat down on the couch and I pulled out my phone, noticing I had a new message from Ambur.

From Ambur: Gurl have you seen Twitter in the last couple of hours???????