Chapter 25

Leah

We spent the rest of the day on the couch, just cuddling and stealing a kiss here and there. I honestly couldn't remember a time, when I'd done this, where a guy didn't try to get in my pants. It was definitely a good feeling that, that's not all Michael wanted me for.
Granted, that a couple of those kisses we shared turned in to full on make out sessions; but thankfully they never got to the point where we couldn't stop.
It's not that I was a virgin, but I'm really glad he decided he wanted to wait, and make it special. I didn't want rose petals, candles. Nor did I expect it. Waiting would make it more meaningful. Waiting would make it mean something between the two of us, and honestly? Sex hadn't meant anything to me in a very long time.

It was now around seven, and Michael was on the phone ordering our food from Hunky Dory, probably one of my favourite places on Bay St, "it's gonna be about a half hour wait," he called out to me
"Is that all?" I asked, knowing this place was insanely popular, especially at this time of night
"Yeah," he said, walking in to my bedroom, where I'd just finished getting changed, "I honestly thought it wouldn't be that long,"
"I forgot to tell you, how popular that place is," I told him, "I've had to wait over an hour before,"
"Better be some fucking good fish and chips then," he said, laughing
"It is, believe me," I told him

We left and collected our food, and walked to the beach; stopping at the liquor store on the way. We brought a six pack of Stella Artois, and much to my dismay, Michael paid for everything. He insisted that because it was a date, he had to pay. I honestly felt bad, because I didn't like that he insisted on paying all the time.

We sat on the beach, in each others arms, watching the waves roll in. It was definitely the best first date I'd ever been on; and it wasn't even over yet. It technically wouldn't be over until Michael left. It was amazing how much my life has changed in a matter of weeks, "so are you ever gonna follow me on Instagram?" I asked randomly
"Do you want me to follow you?" He asked
"I don't mind, I'd probably have to put it on private though," I shrugged, "don't want all your fans commenting on my photos,"
"Are you okay with doing that?"
"It's whatever," I shrugged. I didn't mind if he followed or not. Him following someone on Instagram is a much bigger deal than him following them on Twitter.
"Well I suggest you put it on private like two seconds ago," he laughed
"What do you mean?" I asked, then I noticed his phone in his hand, opened on my Instagram profile, "you could've warned me," I told him, punching his stomach with my elbow. I grabbed my own phone out of the pocket of my denim shorts and opened my Instagram, noticing I had maybe forty new followers, a few comments and over one hundred likes on various photos, "I fucking hate you," I said changing my profile to private
"You actually don't," he said
"You're right, I don't," I agreed. I opened the camera up on my phone and decided it was time I put a photo of Michael and I on my Instagram, if he didn't mind at least, "can I upload a photo of you and I?" I asked 
"You don't have to ask," he said, "I'd upload one too, but fans will leave comments on that, and I don't want them leaving hate,"
"I understand," I nodded, and I really did understand. I wasnt offended at all. I also wasn't one to let hate and negative comments get to me, but I knew just how bad their fans could be. When they went back to Sydney for a little bit during their tour, I'd heard that fans had thrown eggs at Bryana. Granted at the time I wasn't the biggest fan of her and Ashton together, considering she'd been linked to James Packer, Brodie Jenner and Leonardo DiCaprio in the past; but that was still no reason to throw eggs at someone. Especially as considering at that point they hadn't even confirmed their relationship.

It took us a while to get a good photo, as I wasn't happy with what I looked like in them. Mainly because Michael insisted that I didn't wear my usual eye make up. Which completely bugged me, but I got over it.
I chose a filter, and uploaded it with the caption

@missleahmaree: fish & chips on the beach with this kid 😘

I pressed share, and shared it to my Facebook as well. Michael still had his phone in his hand, because the next thing I knew; I had a new notification.

Instagram: michaelgcliffod liked your photo

It actually looked like he'd gone and spammed my account with likes, and I couldn't contain my laughter. This boy was too much for me.