Chapter 20

Jule stood silently against the stone wall, just outside the castle. She was fuming. The luxury in the castle was a bit torturing. When the enchantress requested for them to rest for the night, Jule wanted to curl up in an actual bed. To sleep the rest of the day, seeming how she barely had any good one since she came to this world.  

The enchantress insisted for Jule and Ace to join her in a feast, apparently wanting to know them better. Jule thought a good meal wasn't bad, but their food...it was strange. All sorts of meat and liver from weird species that Jule never once heard of. 

Jule didn't eat, enchantress and Ramus asked why. Jule said nothing, mostly because she felt as if she would say something she would regret. Ace however, ate as if he were in paradise. Jule couldn't bear looking at him for more than a second. She was horrified, and disgusted. She didn't trust any food in this world. What they call food, was probably poison for human. She wondered how they still had their teeth intact. 

When they were done, the enchantress had one room for both Juke and Ace. She carried a big smile on her face, and it crept Jule out. Jule knew exactly why though, and would rather not think about it. She still had Nate, she just hoped he would still like her if she ever came back. 

Ace had slept on the floor, and Jule insisted he'd take the bed. She was trying to be modest, but he turned her down and slept on the ground anyway. Claiming he was more comfortable on the ground. Jule had groaned, and rolled her eyes before falling asleep on the gigantic bed. 

When she woke the next morning, she didn't find Ace. This, obviously, worried her. Still, she was calm and stayed her place. Convinced that he would back any moment. Fifteen minutes later, he did not come back. She had quickly removed herself from the bed, and got out the bedroom. She looked constantly around, passed long corridors, asked people he might've been. When she saw Ramus, she turned around. She wasn't as fond of the guy she might've been. Still, he definitely noticed and walked past her. 

Soon feeling defeated, she decided to walk back to the room she was staying in for the next few hours. Only to find the enchantress, who was speaking to one of the so-called Guardians. When the enchantress had seen her, she smiled and walked over. The guardian had followed behind, solemn. Jule suddenly had felt uncomfortable, she wasn't in the mood to speak to the enchantress. The enchantress greeting people, or at least that's what Jule noticed. 

The enchantress greeted Jule, as usual. Jule had given an awkward greet, desperately wanting to walk away. The enchantress introduced the guardian, his name was Lionel. That was all Jule learned, she didn't really care for the appearance. She just wanted to leave.

The enchantress noticed Jule's clothing, and gasped. She had insisted for Jule to change her clothes, and of course Jule said no. But that didn't make a difference, the enchantress had her way. She had given Jule something that was quite shocking, claiming Ramus had bought as a present from the human realm.

Jule tried on the black cargo pants, and gray tank top. She was actually shocked that Ramus would get the enchantress something so...tom boyish. Jule tried it on happily, grateful it had fitted her perfectly. Jule had suddenly asked the enchantress for Ace, to only discover he had gone out to spend time with Catalina. 

Now here Jule stood, waiting for Ace to finish talking to the enchantress. He finally said goodbye, walking away to approached Jule. He eyed her outfit, slowly smiling. When he looked back up at her, he arched an eyebrow. "New outfit?"

Though Jule was still pissed, she decided to suppress the anger. "Yeah, it is. Enchantress gave it to me."

Ace widened his eyes. "Enchantress?"