He place his hand on the hand I'm using to pull him. "I want you to live too." My grip losen, I let go of him. "I can take care of myself." I said and pushed him away. I sat on the bed, pushing a hand on my belly. "I'm glad you are alive." He said. My hands trembled with anger, liar. He doesn't like me, he hates my guts. "You don't have to lie to make me feel better." I snapped and rolled my eyes. "I hate you." I said and turn away. "Wait!" He called. "What?!" I snapped.

"I'm telling the truth, I really meant what I said." He said. "And I…"

"I what? Speak up! I have to go back to bed and--"

"I like you."

The word hung in the room. I stayed quiet, my heart blarring in my head. What is he saying? And what is this feeling? Why is my heart pounding so hard? Holy cow. I think I like him too... No! I'm confused. But why did I save him? because... he is going to keep Talia safe. Yes, Talia. Talia is the reason, I love Talia.

"Well I don't." I said and went outside. I close the door behind me and never looked back. "What was that?" Talia asks. "You were listening?!" I ask. "How can I not?! Don't you like him?" She asks.

"Stop it Talia." I said in an expired tone. "Why do you do this to yourself?" She asks again, its clear she's not going to let this go. "Because maybe I am a lesbian and I am not into boys." I fought.

"That's ridiculous!" She said. "You won't understand." I said and turned away. Talia did not let it go, she pulled my hand and pushed my head, connecting my lips with hers. Shiver ran down my spine. I quickly pushed her away. "Talia!" I step back. "You are not a lesbian! If you are then you wouldn't push me away." She explained. "Stop fighting." She said. "It will be much much easier if you just let it guide you." Talia moved closer and hugs me. "You deserve more happiness. Just like Afina, you deserve to be loved and be loved." She whispered.

"You and Afina are enough." I said. "Love is not about the quantity of people that you love, its about being happy with the people that loves you." She said and backed away. "You will see just how much easier it will be." She moved away and left me standing there, petrified. I've been hurt, my pride is damaged, I just have to trust Talia. I went back in Ender's room, Bean is still sitting on the bed, gripping the blanket. His eyes saw me and softened. "Riley."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. "Thank you." Words can't fit. This is the first time I have been so speechless. "Riley." He repeated. "You should be in bed, resting." He said while looking away. He's dismissing me and it hurts alot. "Yeah, I should be." I answered. I reached for the knob when my belly stung with pain. "Crap." I bit the inside of my cheek. My legs unbuckled, I held a hand on my tummy, warm, sticky, liquid run down my hand... blood. "Riley!" Bean sat beside me holding my shoulders. "Riley what's wrong?" He asked in panic. I winced, every movement is torture. I raised my hand and blood flowed continuesly. "Shit Riley, your wound opened." He cursed.

"It hurts." I winced as I crumpled on the floor. "Put your arm on my shoulder." He ordered. I tried raising my arm but I feel too weak, and I hate feeling weak. "Riley." He whispered. "I can't." I said. He reached for my wrist and placed my arm behind his neck, his hair brushed my skin. He slip his arms on my back and legs, he carried and place me down on the bed. My back leaning on the head board. He runs to the drawers and pulled a white towel, he sat next to me and stared. "You'll need to pull up your shirt." He said. In another situation I would have blushed hard that I would look like a tomato but right now all that I can do is stare at him like he just asked me to strip naked.

He looks away from embarrasment. "I need to clean your wound from the blood so I can put the ointment." He said. I tried moving my arm again but every muscle I move burns. "I can't." Tears blurred my eyes. I hate feeling so weak, I hate it so much. "Riley." I look at him. He use his thumbs to wipe my tears, my heart pounded harder. I'm so scared, am I sick? What's wrong with me?! "I'm going to pull up your shirt. Nod or shake your head." He said. I bit my lip, breathe, I nod my head. I gripped the bed cover until my hands turn white. His hands are shaking as he lifts the hem of my shirt, my breathing became faster, he lifts it up just under my breast, my cotton bra peaking from under. The cut in my stomach is hideous. I saw Bean swallowed a huge gulp. "Hurry." I winced. "Yes..hurrying." He stutter. He damped the cloth in the basin on the lamp table. He run the towel on my skin, my toes curled, my breathing hitched. I closed my eyes. "C…cold." The towel is cold. My toes curl and uncurl, my shoulders are shaking uncontrollably. He gulped again. I closed my eyes, I don't want to watch this happen. He withdraw the towel and I didn't feel him, I heard him shuffle around the room, then the bed took his weight. "Riley, I'm going to put the ointment." He said. I nod my head and waited. The moment his finger touched my skin, my mouth let out a load moan.