It's been a week. Yes, one full friggin' long ass week. Harry hasn't been able to say anything to me because I keep myself cooped up in my room like it's an inescapable jail cell. The only time I come out is to eat or use the loo. I'm always very quiet and patient to make sure he isn't out there and doesn't hear me.

I sound pathetic. Don't I? Yeah, I know. But I just don't know how I'm going to answer all the questions he'll probably throw at me. Plus, I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel the same way. What's the point of just getting my heart broken for the second time? Exactly, there isn't one.

My stomach started growling; its way of telling me I need food. There hasn't been much noise outside of my door. Harry must be either out or in his room. Perfect.

I tiptoed to my door and opened it. Closing it quietly behind me, I continued to tiptoe down the hall and into the kitchen. Once I reached the kitchen I froze completely. Harry was sat at the small table tapping away on his phone. He looked up at me and our eyes met for a split second before I forced myself to look away. Instead of meeting his gaze, I stared down at my feet.

"Juliet, why are you hiding from me?" Harry asked.

"I-I'm not," I lied.

"Don't give me that bullshit. I know when you're lying."

"Because... Because you hate me," I answered softly.

His tone softened immensely, "I don't hate you, Jules. If anything I... I... I love you and I care too much."

Harry came over to me and lifted my chin so that I'd look up at him.

"I could never hate you."

"But I-"

"You're beautiful, talented, caring, and you make it so hard for me to live in this house knowing that you aren't mine anymore."

"Harry..."

"Juliet, I'm sorry."

His finger left my chin as he retreated back to his room. I ran after him.

"Harry, wait," I called.

He spun round and looked at me waiting for the words to leave my mouth. I walked up so that I was right in front of him and took one of his hands in mine. His eyes found mine and held their gaze. I gently cupped one side of his perfectly shaped jaw in my hand.

"Maybe we could try again... As friends first and see where it goes."

"I'd like that."

"Oh, and one more thing."

I stood up on my tiptoes and connected our lips. It was just supposed to be a kiss, but his tongue swept across my lips and I allowed him access. Our lips moved in synch as my hand made its way into his curls, fingers playing with the soft locks. We both pulled away breathlessly.

Harry rested his forehead on mine as we caught our breath. It seemed almost like we were sharing the air that our lungs desperately craved, but not in a weird way, rather a romantic type of sharing.

"I wasn't aware that friends kissed each other like that," Harry joked.

"We're a special kind of friends, then."

"Does that mean I can take you in my bed and-"

"No!" I hit his chest playfully.

"I was kidding, Jules. I know how you are."

"Thank you."

"No problem, 'friend'," he said with a wink before going back to his room.

I leaned against the wall after he went to his room and smiled for the first time in quite a whilst.

Harry's POV

We kissed again. It's just unbelievable to me because of what had happened between us. The fact that she might be able to forgive me after that was almost incomprehensible. We may be classified as friends as of now, but I plan on changing that.