December

You and Lauren are around 24 in this.

Y/N POV:

It's been a year. A year since she left me to be with him. I screwed everything up. I didn't cheat, I didn't abuse her anything like that.

To me, what I did was worse. I neglected her. I didn't pay attention when she needed me, I only cared about myself and now she's gone.

I guess it's true what they say, you never realize what you have until it's gone.

The best part of my life is gone. She's with someone else and it hurts like hell. We were together since we were 15. Eight years. She left me last December.

I used to have a really bad drinking problem and I used to always come home drunk. I would be out for hours partying with my friends and drinking.

I'd come home and see Lauren up waiting for me crying but I didn't care. I just went upstairs and passed out on our bed, waking up the next morning with a raging hangover but I'd freshen up then head out again.

It went on like this for about two years until she finally had enough.

The reason why I was like this was because my grandma died. She was my best friend and my favourite person in the entire world. I could tell her anything and everything.

The thing that hurt the most was that I wasn't able to say goodbye. She was in our home country and I was in the states. I couldn't go see her because my family couldn't afford it.

I never drank before she died. Not a single sip but when she did it was the only thing that seemed to numb the pain. I know I was being selfish.

Lauren was there for me but I wasn't there for her when her grandma passed away. She passed away a day before mine did but two years later. She found comfort from someone else.

I should have suspected something when he'd come over everyday but I was too drunk and not in my right state of mind.

I still remember the day she left me. I remember every single word she told me even if I was drunk.

*flashback*

Another night of partying done right. I thought to myself as I stumbled through the door of Lauren's and I's apartment.

I saw a few boxes lined up next to the door.

"Bradford! How you doing man?" I slurred out as he walked out of Lauren and I's room with another box in his hand.

"Fine."

"Good."

"What are all these boxes for? Ooohh! Let's build a fort with them!" I cheered.

"Baby girl you're looking mighty fine tonight." I tell Lauren when she walks out of our room. I walk over to her and try to kiss her but she pushes me away.

"No kisses?" I ask pouting.

"I'm leaving you."

"What?"

"Y/N I can't do this anymore."

"Do what?"

"This." She says motioning between us.

"W-what?" I ask my voice cracking.

"I love you Y/N but I'm not in love with you anymore. You're not the Y/N I fell in love with."

"I'm still the same."

"No you're not. The Y/N I know used to despise alcohol. I know you loved your grandma but this isn't right. She wouldn't want to see you like this. I've tried getting you help but all you do is ignore and shut me out. This is literally the longest conversation we've had in over a year. Do you remember the last time we made love? Because I sure as hell don't."