Over It

Y/N POV:

"So you just gonna let her do this shit again?" My best friend Dinah asked. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"What else can I do? I've done all that I could. No matter what I tell her, she's never gonna fucking change."

"I don't like seeing you like this. All she ever does is hurt you. Over and over again. When are you gonna realize that you deserve better?"

"Dinah, you don't think I know that? I know I do. But to me, she's the best thing. No one will ever compare to her. No matter how hard I try to move on, it's always gonna be her. I'm always gonna get sucked back into her sick little games."

"Talk to her again before I do. And I'm not gonna be doing much talking." She said clenching her first.

"What do you want me to say to her? Because I've said everything I could and nothing."

"Just cut her off."

"I've tried that."

"You didn't try hard enough." She said and I sighed. She's right. The longest I've gone without talking to her was two weeks before I caved and texted her. Everything was fine for a few days until she started acting brand new again.

That's how it's always been. For the past eight months that we've been talking, we dated for two months and then I broke up with her. I broke up with her for these same reasons. I regretted it the next day. It hurt what she did to me, but not having her as my girl hurt even more.

"Look, I know you love her, I know you care about her, but she doesn't deserve it. She doesn't deserve your love. She doesn't deserve you dropping everything to see if she's okay when she doesn't even fucking do that. Remember when you told her you were on the brink of having an anxiety attack at work and she just completely ignored the subject and started talking about herself? She's an asshole. I'm sorry, but she is. You can do so much better. There are other girls out there that would do anything to find someone like you. But here you are, wasting your feelings on someone who never deserved them in the first place." She told me and I let a few tears fall down my face. I know she's right, but it's just so hard. It's been five months since we broke up and moving on isn't easy.

I know we haven't known each other that long but with her, everything was different. I don't usually start liking someone as fast i did with her, i don't trust someone as fast as I did her. Everything was just so different and I didn't ever think that things would end up this way.

"Just talk to her please. One last time. I may hate the girl, and I want you to be with someone who actually deserves you and will appreciate you, but I'm still rooting for you guys lowkey. Because I've never seen you happier than when you're with her." She said and I nodded, she opened her arms and brought me into a big hug, kissing the top of my head.

"Everything happens for a reason, just remember that." She told me and I nodded.

"What would I do without you D?" I asked.

"Probably be a giant loser." She said and I smacked her shoulder.

"Yas zaddy hit me harder!" She shouted and we both bursted out laughing.

"You're such a dork."

"Thanks." She replied flipping her blonde locks.

"I'm gonna go, Mani's waiting for me." She told me and I wiggled my eyebrows.

"You getting that good good?" I asked.

"On the daily honey." She said and I laughed.

"Tell me how things go with Lord Voldemort." She said getting up from my bed and running to the door before I could throw a pillow at her. I lairs back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. It's now or never.