My Submission (Explicit Warning)

I went home with Conan after the tango social on Friday. I was having my doubts about the White Queen-and the mission-but I wasn't going to give up. I still wanted to find my mother and the White Queen was the key.

I woke up early on Saturday morning. Conan was in the shower and my stomach was growling. There wasn't much food in the kitchen, but I found bread, eggs, and butter in the fridge. I grabbed the French press and kettle from under the island and made coffee.

"What's for breakfast?" Conan asked as he came out of his bedroom.

"Eggs and toast. Do you want coffee?"

"Please." He gave me a soft peck on the cheek. "I have to reply to some emails."

Conan went over to his desk and turned on his laptop. I poured him a cup of coffee and set it down on a coaster next to him. The smell of sweet sandalwood wafted off his skin.

"I'll turn you into the perfect girlfriend in no time."

"Hmm, I'm not your bitch," I said as I ruffled his wet hair. He was my boss at work, and I had to play the part of his girlfriend, but I wasn't going to let him call all the shots all the time.

"How do you like your eggs? Scrambled, sunny side up, over easy?" I asked from the kitchen.

"Scrambled eggs are my favorite."

"Coming up."

I melted butter in a frying pan as I beat the eggs with a little salt and pepper. I poured the eggs into the hot pan and put the bread in the toaster. When everything was ready, I buttered the toast, scooped the eggs onto the plate, and took it over to Conan's desk with a fork.

"It smells delicious." Conan pushed his laptop aside and shoveled his scrambled eggs onto the toast. He took a bite, closing his eyes as he crunched away. When he opened his eyes he looked like a content wolf pup. "It tastes good too. Thank you."

"You found the right girlfriend, huh?"

"Yeah, you should stay here with me. I'll train you to be my perfect servant."

"Very funny. I'm not your servant. Besides, I have to go home. I don't want my cat to starve to death."

"I didn't know you have a cat."

"There's a lot about me that you don't know."

"I'm sure there is," he said. "Maybe I'm too busy to train you during the week anyway, but you can spend weekends here. I'll buy you one of those automatic feeders for your pussy."

"I haven't agreed to spend weekends with you."

"Will you?"

"Maybe."

We spent the day watching movies and frolicking around his apartment. Just as the sun was setting, we headed out to buy groceries.

* * *

Conan cooked a simple steak dinner. He didn't like processed food, and he made a mushroom gravy from scratch. He used crimini mushrooms, butter, garlic, thyme, salt, and black pepper. The gravy was thick, savory, and to die for. We polished off a bottle of Merlot with the meal.

"Scarlet ..." Conan said after dinner.

"Yes?"

"I want to do something to you." He smiled and combed his long fingers through his dark-brown hair. "But I need your permission."

"My permission?"

"Do you remember asking me what I tie with my ties?"

"Yes."