Alex (and Mr. Porter)'s Rescue

Start from the beginning

Chase's ears perked and he sat on his haunches, skidding to a stop. Rubble and Rocky slammed into him. "What happened?" said the dizzy mixed breed.

"I heard something." He perked his ears, straining to hear the voice. "It's Ryder!" He headed in the opposite direction, howling at the top of his lungs. "Stay here!" he ordered Rubble and Rocky.

The two sat there awkwardly, unsure of what to say. "So," Rocky cleared his throat.

"So," Rubble repeated. He perked up as he thought of something. "Hey, I was at the library the other day and I found this book about dogs."

"Cool," Rocky said, not particularly interested.

"I have a question: What does being 'in heat' mean?" Rubble looked up at Rocky innocently.

Rocky blushed, his eyes bulging. He adjusted his collar. "Hehe, what?"

"'In heat'. What's that mean? Is that what happens when it's hot out and we start panting?"

Rocky continued to play with his collar, shifting uncomfortably on his haunches. "Y-you, uh, you should r-really ask Ryder or K-Katie, uh, about that," he gulped. Chase and Ryder appeared around the corner. "Hey, look, it's Ryder!" He quickly ran over to him, happy to avoid that conversation.

"Nice to see you two pups," he greeted them. "So, this is the way out?"

"We think so," Chase said.

"Ryder, I have a question," Rubble said.

"If you can turn off your ears somehow," Rocky whispered to Chase. "I suggest you do it now," he said before taking off ahead.

Chase shook his head. "What is he talking ab-"

"What does 'in heat' mean for dogs?" he heard little Rubble ask. He blushed instantly.

"Ryder, sir, I'm going to see where Rocky went!" he yelled, taking off after the mixed breed.

Ryder just chuckled. "You'll learn about that when you're older," he told Rubble. "Come on, let's catch up."

***

"Pups!" Marshall barked. "Can you hear me? Pups?" Alex blasted Rubble's horn. "Alex!" Marshall shouted.

"Sorry! Forgot about the echo..." Something flashed up ahead. "Wait! Is that them?"

Marshall turned and was tackled by a brown, growling blur. "Chase!" he yelled as the two tumbled. Alex slammed on the breaks just as they slammed into the front. "What are you doing?" asked the pinned Dalmatian.

"How dare you try to take Skye from me!" Chase growled. "You know I love her!"

"I don't know what you're-" Marshall remembered his conversation with Skye. "Oh! You've got it all wrong!"

"What if Everest found out, huh? I could tell her your secret!"

"I'm asking her out this Friday and wanted to see if you and Skye wanted to come. That's what I asked Skye about, to she if she was in. Chill your jealousy!" He threw the confused German shepherd off of him, shaking his fur.

"Wait... I'm going on a date with Skye?"

"Only if Everest says yes. But I'm sure Skye would be more than willing-" Marshall was tackled again, this time, attacked by licks.

"Dude, you are the greatest friend ever!" Chase said, his tail wagging happily.

"Down boy!" Marshall giggled.

"I thought you were fighting," Alex said.

"Alex?" Chase asked. "Why is he-"

"It's a long story..." Marshall laughed. He saw Ryder, Rubble and Rocky approach them. "Everyone alright? No injuries?"

"No, we're all good," Ryder said. "Have to say, I thought Chase was attacking you, Marshall."

"He was," Alex said.

"What?!" Ryder yelled.

"That's another long story," Marshall laughed again. "Let's get out of here." Together, they followed Alex who drove Rubble's truck out of the mine.

***

"Alex," Ryder said. They were gathered around a large table at Mr. Porter's. Dinner went on as usual. "For your bravery and efforts today, I hereby declare you no longer an honorary PAW Patrol member."

"Aw!" Alex said sadly.

"You are now and official PAW Patrol member!" He pulled out a specially made badge and backpack, with his own built in tools and commands. "I was going to wait until you were a little older, but you deserve it after today."

"Wow!" Alex jumped up from his seat, running towards Ryder. He hugged him as hard as he could and Ryder hugged back. The pups cheered and howled. Alex put on his new backpack and badge, proudly displaying it to all.

"Now, Alex, this is a big responsibility," Ryder said.

"Raise your right paw- er, hand!" Chase said, standing on his haunches. The pups joined him. Alex did as he was told. "Repeat after us:

'In dark of night, in light of day, we, the PAW Patrol, will serve Adventure Bay. From runaway trains to stranded whales, we'll rush to the rescue with wagging tails. If danger is near, just give a yelp! The PAW Patrol is here to help!'"

Alex, after a few stumbles here and there, completed the pledge, officially making him a PAW Patrol member. Of course, he wouldn't be allowed to go on the more dangerous missions, but either way, he was happy to help. The sun set on yet another glorious day on Adventure Bay.

A/N: Pups! Hope you enjoyed that! The idea was by AerielPAWPatrol12. I hope it came out like you hoped it would!

Keep sending in ideas! Remember, no idea is too wild!

~Dox