Ryder & Everest's Mountain Rescue

SHOUTOUT: @BruinsFan1214 for the avalanche idea with Everest. This was going to be a Ryder one-shot, but I mixed Everest in there too. Thanks, pup!

Now, on with the story!

***

"PAW Patrol, to the Lookout!" Ryder waited patiently for his pups. After five minutes, they still hadn't arrived. Come on, pups. Those people can't survive under all that snow forever. He could hear the elevator rising. "That's weird. They didn't stop to put on their uniforms." The doors opened. Chase took one step before collapsing with a groan.

"Ready for," Chase coughed, "action..." His eyes drooped, as did his ears.

"Chase?" Ryder rushed over, picking up the pup. "You have pup fever! You should've stayed in your puphouse."

"But Ryder," he sneezed. "You need us!"

"Where are the other pups?"

"They're," he sniffled, "sick too. I'm sorry..." He sighed, his head collapsing on Ryder's shoulder. He began snoring, causing Ryder to chuckle.

"Guess I'm on my own today," Ryder said. He took Chase back to his puphouse, tucking him in. He glanced at the other pups, their snores also sounding sick. "Katie, can you come check on the pups? I think they're all sick."

"Oh no! That's not good. Don't worry, I'm on my way."

"I have to go help out Jake, but they're all in their puphouses. Lookout's unlocked, use anything you need. I've got to go." Ryder ran over to his ATV. He glanced back his pups and frowned. "Get better soon, pups." Securing his helmet, he drove off, careful not to rev the engine too much.

***

"Ryder! Thanks for coming!" Jake said. He frowned. "Where's the pups?"

"They're all sick. Katie's checking on them now."

"Bummer. We really could've used their help."

"Where are the skiers? And Everest?"

"Halfway down the slope. I called in Foggybottom's rescue team to help." Two men came outside to greet them. "Everest is already down there."

"Helicopter is ready, sir," one said. They were both built, their orange jumpsuits showing off their muscles. "This him?"

"Yes, Roger. This is Ryder, leader of the PAW Patrol, although, they weren't able to come."

"That's a shame," Roger said. "I've heard many good things about you and your team. But, we're glad to have you, at least."

"Nice to meet you, Roger." Ryder looked at the other man. "And you are?"

"That's Vance. He doesn't speak much. He's our pilot." Vance flashed a smile, giving Ryder a thumbs up.

"Okay. Let's go." They climbed inside the rescue helicopter. Skye would have loved this, he thought. I sure hope they're doing okay.

***

"Wow, your temperature's are really high!" Katie said, pulling the thermometer from Rocky's mouth. "You were all fine yesterday when I left. Wonder what happened?"

Marshall began whining in his sleep, his legs moving frantically. "Marshall?" Katie rushed over to him. "Wake up, buddy. It's just a dream."

He opened his eyes, squinting up at Katie. "Ryder? You look...different." He started coughing up a storm.

"Marshall," she giggled. "I'm Katie." She looked around at all the pups. "I'm going to have to take you pups back to the clinic for treatment."

"No shots," Marshall tried to growl in between coughs. His head collapsed again.