Zuma's Biggest Rescue (PART TWO)

Ryder had arrived to the Lookout only to see Skye waiting impatiently. "What's wrong?"

"The power's out and the door's locked. None of the pups will come open it."

"That's strange." He tried calling the pups on his pup pad. "I think service is down because of the earthquake."

"I thought I sensed something. I hope the pups are okay."

"I'm sure they're fine," Ryder said. He took a crowbar from his ATV and jammed it into the door. Using all his strength, he pulled the doors apart. "Let's go!"

"Pups?" Skye barked, sniffing the air. "Pups! Where are you?" Skye heard a sound and ran over to the elevator. "Pups?" she yelled.

"Skye!" a sound echoed from below. "We're trapped!"

"Pups?" Ryder yelled. "Are you alright?"

"Shaken up, but otherwise we're alright!"

"We're near the basement, Ryder, sir!" That had to be Chase, Ryder thought.

"We're on our way!" Ryder and Skye ran down the stairs, Skye leading the way. The basement was dark. "Why didn't the backup generator come on?"

"I'll check it out!" Skye yipped.

Ryder jammed the crowbar between the elevator doors. "Back up, pups!" He pulled with all his might, barely getting the doors open an inch, when his pup pad started ringing. This broke his concentration and the crowbar slipped, clanging to the ground. "Ugh!" he groaned in frustration. "Ryder here."

"Ryder." It was Mayor Goodway. "I heard there's no power in town. How are you and the pups?"

"The pups are trapped in the elevator. I'm trying to get them out."

"You do realize the tsunami is a few minutes away?"

"What?!" He dropped the pup pad, grabbed the crowbar and desperately tried to open the doors again. "Come on you stupid door, move!"

"Ryder! I got it!" Skye yelled. The lights came on and the doors slid open. Ryder fell forward onto the pups.

"Ryder!" The pups yelled, showering hi with licks and nuzzles.

"Good to see you too, but there's no time for a reunion. Mayor Goodway told me the tsunami is a few minutes away. Everybody to the top!" The pups all ran upstairs, Marshall tripping every now and then. Ryder checked his pup pad. "Not good. Skye?"

"Yes Ryder?"

"Go check on the waves with your wings, I need to see the waves."

"On it! This pup's gotta fly!" She ran out the Lookout, taking off into the sky. Ryder secured all the doors and windows. He counted six pup houses and one ATV inside the Lookout.

"Life jacket's on," he said. His jacket inflated as did the pups.

"I didn't know our uniforms did that," Marshall said.

"Cool!" the other pups yelled.

Ryder paced back and forth inside the command room, waiting for Skye's call. "Skye, what do you see?"

"Really big waves headed this way! They've got to be at least 20 feet tall!" Ryder could see them on the video feed. He gulped, looking nervous for the first time.

"Ryder?" Rubble whimpered. "Are we going to be okay?"

Ryder looked down at the frightened pups with a smile. "It doesn't matter where we are or what happens. We are family. As long as we stick together, nothing bad will happen to us." The pups nervously smiled back, surrounding him. "Skye, come back. It's time."