Alex (and Mr. Porter)'s Rescue

Ryder groaned, struggling to sit up. "Pups?" he called out. The entrance to the cave was now blocked. He relied on his pup pad as the only source of light. "Pups, you there?" He tried to send out a distress signal, but the connection dropped. "Maybe there's another way out." With that, he entered deeper into the bowels of the ominous cave.

***

"Ryder? Ryder, can you hear me?" Chase barked frantically. "Ryder?!"

"Chase, calm down," Marshall said. "The connection in here isn't good."

"He would've answered by now, if he could," Skye said. "Just drop it. We've got to find a way out of here."

"No!" he growled. The pups stared at him. "We don't leave any member behind, ever."

"I'm with Chase," Rocky said. "Ryder's our owner and the leader of the PAW Patrol. Without him, we're... nothing," he whimpered.

"I have an idea," Rubble said. "We split up. One team finds another exit while the other team finds Ryder."

"I don't know if that's a good idea, dudes," Zuma said. "We should stick together."

"Chase, it's your decision," Marshall said. Chase looked between all the pups. He knew he had Rocky on his side. He'd love to have Marshall with him as well, but both teams needed leaders.

"Marshall, you lead Skye and Zuma out of here. Rubble, Rocky, come with me." It was settled. "And pups," Chase said. "Please be careful."

"Don't worry about us," Skye said.

"Just focus on finding Ryder and getting the heck out of here," Zuma said, flashing a smile. Chase nodded. The teams split up, keeping alert at every sound inside the dark tunnels.

***

Alex ran around excitedly, impatiently waiting the arrival of the PAW Patrol. "Are they really coming, Grandpa? Like, really coming?"

Mr. Porter chuckled, grabbing his bouncing grandson. "Yes, Alex. Come, help me set the table for Ryder and the pups."

"Okay!" It was the two year anniversary since the PAW Patrol had formed. Ryder and the pups were due to arrive soon, athough they were running a bit late. Mr. Porter anxiously checked the time, wondering where they could be. Ryder usually calls if he's late. And he's never late! "Grandpa, the cake!"

"What?" Mr. Porter sniffed the air, turning towards the kitchen. Smoke billowed from under the doorway. "The cake!" he yelled, quickly running inside.

"Silly grandpa," Alex said. "Huh?" Alex heard a crashing sound. From a very young age, Alex acquired an acute hearing skill. It was no match for Chase's skills, though it was still very high, especially for a human. "That sounded like the mines," he said and gasped. "That's where the PAW Patrol is!" He dropped the fork he was holding and ran inside. "Grandpa! Grandpa! PAW Patrol's in danger! They need help!"

Mr. Porter coughed as he set the burnt cake on the counter. "I'll have to bake another one before they get here."

"But Grandpa-"

"Oh, what is it, Alex?"

"I heard a crash and it sounded like it was coming from the mines."

"The mines? Ryder told me they'd be there." The boy anxiously shifted on his feet. "I'd better give him a call." He took out his phone and dialed Ryder's number.