Chapter 19-The Storm's Ending.

Start from the beginning

"Where to?"He said quickly.

"My office."

He sped off.Knuckles carried Rouge carefully,hoping not to hurt her.She held the baby and didn't even look down at her.Not once did she look at the baby,she didn't even know what she looked like.She was too focused on the others to notice.All she did was cover the baby with the blanket the doctor gave her and protected her.The doctor,Luna,and Sticks rushed after Sonic while Jewel stayed behind with Knuckles,Rouge,and the baby.

Sonic came to a halt in front of where the office once was.He looked around frantically,holding Tails tightly.The doctor was right behind him,panting heavily.

"It's,"she pants,"Underground."

Sonic looked around,"Where??"

The doctor rushed over to where Sticks had found her before.She climbed in and started messing with something down there.Then she poked her head back up just as Sticks and Luna arrived.

"Down here is an underground infirmary,"she said,disappearing.

Sonic rushed over to it and saw that there was a ladder.He climbed down followed by Luna and Sticks.Once he got down there he placed Tails on one of the beds.He stepped back and let the doctor do the rest.She quickly cleaned and wrapped up Tail's wound.Then she hooked him up,turning on the monitor.

"He's still alive,but he's just hanging on,"she said slowly.

Sonic balled his fingers into fists as he watched Tails' chest rise just a tad.Sticks stood on the other side of the bed before placing a kiss on his forehead.She stopped crying and watched him emotionlessly.Sonic had no idea what he did before but it must of been bad.Knuckles had arrived and came down with Rouge.The doctor quickly put her on a bed as she bit her lip in pain.It was crowded,but they all fit.Jewel wiped her face,trying to stop the tears.

Sonic looked around at everyone.They were soaked.They were scared.Some looked...emotionless.And it was all because of him.

Rouge moved the blanket away from the baby and gasped.Everyone turned to her and remembered about the baby.Jewel,Luna,and Knuckles gathered around Rouge,looking down at the infant in her arms.Jewel's eyes lit up as she cooed.

"She's adorable!"Jewel squealed.

The infant had stopped crying and was fast asleep.She was an echidbat,a crossbreed between an echidna and bat.Rouge stroked her red fur,and stopped at her forehead.Under her finger was a white crescent just like Knuckle's,only on her forehead.The tips of her large ears were white just like the small hair the sides of her head.Her muzzle was shaped like Rouge's and her eyes were still a mystery.

"She's beautiful,"Rouge whispered.

Knuckles wiped away a few tears,nobody noticed.Sonic wanted to be happy for Rouge,but he was too upset about Tails and the fact that he could of killed everyone here.He could of killed that precious small infant in her arms or the fox that lied in front of him.His body tensed as he stared at the monitor.He couldn't tell if Tail's heartbeat was returning to normal...or falling.

Hang on,please...

Sonic stared at him,thinking deeply.

"You know it wasn't your fault entirely..."

Sonic snapped his head to the right to see a soaked Luna next to him.Her wet bangs fell over her eyes as she crossed her arms and stared at Tails.

"What do you mean?"Sonic asked,leaning against the bed.

Luna sighed,"I mean that half of this was my fault."

Sonic stared at her.She continued.

Tell me if you feel this pain...

"I shot Tails.You were coming toward us,about to kill us.I was going to shoot you but Tails jumped in front of you,trying to protect you.I knew shooting you wasn't going to do anything but I had to try.Then Tails jumped in and risked his life for you.I wonder if he knew,that even if he didn't jump,you still would of been ok..."

Sonic gulped,Tails risked his life for no reason just for him.Although Sonic was relieved that he didn't hurt Tails,he was still upset about his injury.When will he wake up?What if he goes into a coma?What if he...dies?Luna patted him again,snapping him back from his thoughts.

"He'll survive,I promise,"she whispered.

Sonic didn't forget about Amy,what was happening to her right now?He clenched his fist,Shadow will pay...Even if he has to die,for real this time...
~~~~~~~~
~~~~

"Where...where am I?"asked a weak voice.

Her dress was ripped and dirty,she was piecing pieces of the cloth.When she opened her eyes fulling,she noticed the boiling red substance under her.With a scream Amy Rose shook and squirmed,swinging back and forth.She was tied up with a thin rope that looked as if it could snap any second.

"If you keep squirming you'll surely fall,"said a deep voice.

Amy's head snapped up to meet blood red crimson eyes.

"Shadow let me down now!You sick bastard!"she screamed.

He smirked,"Are you sure you want me to do that?"

She snapped her mouth shut before shooting him daggers.Shadow then walked away,disappearing from sight.Amy screamed after him with rage.

"Come back!!!"

I just keep on hanging on...

To you and me....