Chapter 19-The Storm's Ending.

The rain drizzled.

As soon as Tails was shot the storm began to calm.The only sounds that were heard were sobs and cries.The doctor quickly cleaned the baby and wrapped the newborn up.Rouge took the baby quickly and hugged her close.Knuckles stood protectively in front of her,glaring daggers at Sonic.Luna stood there,in shock.Her pupils were shrunken,her hands shaking and her knuckles white from clutching the gun.

The doctor saw Tails wounded and stood up,running toward him.When she made it,she landed on her knees next to him.However just as she was about to whip out her items,Sonic stood above her.

She was under his shadow.

Sticks tried to get out of Jewel's grip but she held her back.Sonic looked down at the doctor and Tails,staring into the frightful doctor's eyes.She stood in shock,scared to move.Sonic tore away from her and bent down.He scooped up the limp fox that was slowly bleeding out from the wound and his mouth.Sticks freaked and tore from Jewel,hurdling to the small group.

"Stay away from him!"she screamed.

Sonic looked at her and stared.This made her stop dead in her tracks.Sticks just stared back,new tears falling.

"Please,"she cried,"don't hurt him..."

Sonic stared at her,the grip on Tails on tightened.Sticks saw this and fell to her knees instantly,looking up at the sky.Her tears mixed with the rain as she began to cry and beg.Rouge and the doctor saw the scene and began to cry slightly.Sonic looked down at Tails,moving his face toward him.

All you have to do is wrap your hand around his skull and squeeze until it cracks....

Sonic's pupils became more slitted with this thought.Tails eyes opened just slightly as he coughed oh so gently,spitting out blood.

"I'm...s...sorry..."

Sonic's pupils slowly changed back,but the anger inside would not let him take back Sonic's sanity.

Do not listen!He has taken your mate!And you may never see her again!

Sonic was back to his evil self as his grip tightened horrifically.Tails groaned as tears fell onto Sonic's thumb.

"I k-now...w-where...Am...y...is..."Tails whispered quietly.

Sonic stop squeezing and looked at him,if he killed Tails now then he would never know where Amy is.

He's lying!He has lied once he'll do it again!He's a lier!

Sonic stared at the fox intensely,Tails looked up at him with half opened eyes.

"I'm so...sorry...I...love...y-you...you've al-ways...been my...big bro-brother...My only..."

He stopped and closed his eyes.Sonic's dark aura started to fade slightly as his eyes returned to normal.He dropped to his knees and shook the fox's body slightly.

"Tails...Tails!Wake up!"Sonic shrieked.

He was now aware of his surroundings.He saw how Tails was bleeding badly,his blood stained Sonic's gloves.

"...Did I do this?"he whispered.

Without opening his eyes,Tails finished,"...Family."

Small tears formed on the sides of his eyes as he took off his bloody gloves and placed them over his wound.The doctor saw that Sonic was back to normal and rushed over to them along with Sticks and Jewel.

"We have to get him to my safe house,"said the doctor.

She lifted him slightly;however Sonic took him.