Chapter 12-Sonic's Planning

He inhaled.

And his thoughts went wild.So many questions and no answers.How will he get the ring?When will he do it?During a date?Randomly?He rubbed his temples while looking around the hut.Sonic decided to get the ring first before anything else.As he was thinking,an idea came to him.He had to find Knuckles.Sonic went to his hut,making sure to knock on the hut wall.A shuffling and muffled voices were heard.

He waited before Knuckles slowly emerged looking exhausted.Sonic noticed but didn't show it.Knuckles looked down at him and rubbed his eyes.

"What is it?"he asked gruffly.

"Hey Knuxs,you busy?"Sonic asked.

"Rouge isn't feeling well so I didn't sleep so-"

"Sounds good I need you to do something for me,"Sonic said quickly.

Before Knuckles could reply,Sonic grabbed his arm and dashed off.They stopped at a cave just at the outskirts of the village.Sonic walked in while Knuckles followed sleepily behind.

"Why are we here?"asked Knuckles.

"We're here to find some gems,"Sonic said,stopping.

"How?"Yawned Knuckles.

Sonic pointed to the ground,"By punching the crap out of the ground.Go Knux."

He waited a second before punching the ground several times.Knuckles then started to dig before hitting things with his knuckles.

"Ow,"Knuckles said.

Sonic peaked in his little hole,"What did you find?"

It took a second but Knuckles popped up with hands full of gleaming gem stones.They glittered in his hands as he put them up to Sonic.

"This enough?"

The blue hedgehog nodded,"Perfect."

Knuckles crawled out and handed all of them to him.As Sonic thanked him,Knuckles passed out in exhaustion.Sonic ignored the big red lump on the floor and dashed back to his hut.He looked through them all and decided to go with the diamond looking one.It was a pretty good size,good enough to go on a ring.Inwardly proud of himself,he put the other gems in a drawer near his bed.Now all he had to do was get a ring...

Sonic dashed to the village and looked through all the stores.Finally he found a small jewelry store that stood out from all the other stores.He got in quickly and looked around.At the counter was a female red echidna who was staring boredly at a picture on the wall.Sonic walked up to the counter and cleared his throat.

"Uh hey I need something,"he said awkwardly.

The echidna turned to him.Her eyes lit up as she saw him and squealed slightly.

"Y-your Sonic the hedgehog!I-I've heard of you before!You see,I just moved here and one of my friends own this and I decided to work here and I heard you lived here and I knew I would see you sometime and-"

"Uh it's cool that your fan but I really need to get something,"he said interrupting her.

"Oh of course!I'm Jewel by the way!What do you need help with?"she asked happily.

"I need a gold ring with a thing that I can put my own gem in it,"Sonic explained.

Jewel tapped her chin before disappearing under the desk and popping back up.She had a black ring case and opened it up to show him a gold ring that had a missing gem.

"There you go,"she smiled.

"Thanks uh how much?"he asked nervously.

She shook her head,"It's free for you Sonic!"

"Really?"

"Yes!Take it!Have a great day Sonic!"she chirped.

He thanked her over and over again before leaving with a skip.She waved goodbye repeatedly before he disappeared out of sight.Sonic hummed all the way back to his hut while taking a mental note on remember to invite her to the wedding.When he made it back he quickly yet carefully put in the gem.After almost twenty minutes o struggle,he finally did it.

Sonic admired it and put it in its box.This time he promised not to lose it.He sat back and began to think about when and how he was going to propose to her.It would be romantic of course...maybe during sunset on the beach?Perfect...but what about Eggman?Would he ruin their date again...Sonic took out a piece of paper and wrote something down quickly.

Dear my beloved Amy Rose,

Tonight will be the best night of your life.I swear it.

From your only blue fellow

Sonic looked pleased as he raced toward Amy's hut.He folded the paper,kissed it for luck,and slipped it under the door that Tails made for her yesterday.On his way back he whistled happily,thinking of what to wear for the occasion.

'Amy will be so surprised...'he thought.

Everything would be perfect.He swore it.Somehow,he was happier than he was when he decided to propose.Sonic felt like was doing the right thing.He actually felt excited,that Amy would be all his forever.He didn't have to worry about a break up because they would be married.And now,she'll finally give herself up to him.Good thing he kept himself pure,just for her.And vice versa.For some reason,he felt so proud that his girlfriend was pure.It made himself feel even more excited.To know that she hasn't been touched yet.And he would be her first.

Then she would be really his.