Chapter 2-Not Giving Myself Up

"It looks great Amy!"Knuckles said happily.

Both of the hedgehogs turned around and saw Knuckles walking their way.Amy beamed.

"Thank you.So when's Ro-I mean your girlfriend coming?"she asked,ignoring her slip up.

"Should be soon,"he grinned.

"Actually now."

The three turned their attention to the bat silhouette that blocked the moon.She landed on the sand near the others,smiling as once again she held two huge suitcases.

"Oh Rouge,we never would of guessed,"Sonic said emotionlessly.

Amy nodded,"What a surprise."

Rouge smiled slyly while Knuckles grinned.

"Oh let me take your bags,"Sonic offered,already taking them from her.

He left for the hut while Rouge gave Knuckles a peck on the cheek.Amy smiled and gestured to the table.

"I hope you like your welcome meal Rouge,"she said.

The bat glanced over at the table and cooed,loving the scenery.

"It's gorgeous Amy,"she complimented.

Knuckles pulled out a chair for Rouge as she sat down.He also sat down in the chair across from hers.Before Amy left,Rouge stopped her.

"Oh,by the way Amy,I quit G.U.N. So if uh someone asks you about me..."she trailed off and glanced over her shoulder,"tell them that I quit."

Amy didn't completely know what she meant by that,but nodded anyway.She left the two alone,listening to their conversation get farther and father.Amy went to Knuckle's hut,seeing Sonic just finish putting down the suitcases.

"Hey baby,"Amy smiled,sitting on Knuckle's clean bed.

Sonic glanced over at her and grinned,"Hey."

"I'm not trying to sound rude but...you don't think Rouge would cheat on Knuckles do you?"she asked slowly.

Sonic blinked at the sudden question and sat down on the bed next to her.

"Nah,I think they'll be ok.Besides,there's no one on this island that Rouge would ever like anyway,"he shrugged.

Amy nodded,but suspiciously squinted her eyes at him.Sonic looked at her,and arched an eyebrow before finally understanding.

"What?No way Amy,I would never do that!I don't even like her like that!"Sonic said quickly.

Amy looked away before he hugged her closely,squeezing her gently.

"Don't ever think that,"he whispered.

She sighed,"It's just...remember when we were younger?Rouge was such a flirt,and took any hot guy that came first...And I know she has Knuckles but you're here too."

"That was years ago Amy.She's your friend,I doubt she would try to do that.And I know I would never do that,"Sonic explained to her.

Amy glanced up at him,"Promise?"

"Promise,"he kissed her head.

She sighed in relief before giggling.Sonic arched his eyebrows.

"What's so funny?"

"I have no clue,"she smiled.

Sonic rolled his eyes,"Amy please don't become Sticks.The world can't handle another."

This only made her laugh harder and soon Sonic was laughing along with her.They stayed there for a while,laughing away.They didn't even know why,they just kept laughing.

"Well hello there,"Rouge smirked.

Amy and Sonic looked up at her.It then hit them that they were sprawled out on Knuckle's bed.Amy sat up while Sonic didn't bother to move.

"Oh uh hey Rouge,"she smiled.

Knuckles entered too,blinking at the two.He scratched his head while the bat crossed her arms.

"Well,I am exhausted from traveling all day and I would like to sleep in my bed,"she retorted.

Sonic and Amy stood.

"Sorry,"she apologized.

Rouge waved her off and smiled,"It's fine."

Amy and Sonic left awkwardly while Knuckles flicked off the lights in the hut.The two new couple drifted off into the darkness of their hut,though their voices were still slightly heard.As Sonic and Amy were walking away,Sonic smirked.

"Oh yes they seem and sound very exhausted,"he chuckled.

Amy rolled her eyes,"Well that's Rouge for you.I don't think Knuckles mind though."

"I wouldn't mind either."

She narrowed her eyes,"And what's that suppose to mean?"

Sonic looked at her and blush,"I mean that I wouldn't mind if you and I..."

Amy's cheeks lit up as her eyes averted from his face.

"I love you Sonic,you know I do,but...I don't like making love before marriage..."she mumbled.

"What?"

"It's just...if you ever did cheat on me..and we break up and we did have...ya know...then what will I give to the next guy?Making love is a special thing,and the first the most special because you give up your virginity.And I want to give myself up to the one who will love me forever,"Amy explained.

Sonic stopped and grabbed Amy's hands.He squeezed them and pulled her close to him.

"I will love you forever Amy,"he whispered.

"I believe you...but I can't give myself up to you unless you put a ring on my finger,"she said sternly.

Sonic locked his eyes with hers,then sighed in defeat.

"I understand Amy,"he mumbled,letting go of her hands.

They both started walking again,however no one talked.They reached Amy's hut quietly.Sonic looked at her once before kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight,"he whispered.

Amy nodded,"Night."

He turned back and walked to his hut.She watched him until he disappeared.Amy went into her hut,worried that Sonic was probably mad at her.

'He'll be fine Amy,it's your decision,'she thought.

Amy nodded firmly before getting ready for bed.She changed,didn't bother to shower,and stared at the ceiling.Hopefully their little conversation didn't ruin anything...