Guide Me Towards You (One-shot story)

Hey, it's MissJackson777 here! I have another account, heh. It's gonna be fun doing this, what with having two accounts now!

~~

Guide Me Towards You

*

Most of the time, I think of you. It's gotten to the stage that now I can barely enjoy your music and videos because I can only think of your death.

I'm sitting on the floor by my back door, looking out at the stars tonight. I couldn't quite state the reason why, I guess it's just a pass time.

I have my headphones in, and your beautiful, angelic voice is warming me. Just the sound of your voice soothes me.

You are not alone, for I am here with you...
Though you're far away, I am here to stay...

But you're not. You're not here to stay.

That empty feeling you have left me with since you went... I almost feel like I've been betrayed by the words you sing.

I'm watching the stars right now. Their phenomenal patterns and constellations, their wonderful glisten in the dark sky, the enigmatic mood they bring each time they pay the sky a visit at night.

I know you're up there. There's something in me that is telling me; You're up there, looking down on me.

Is that a shooting star I see?

I know you always loved making a wish upon a shooting star, whenever you saw one fly gracefully across the sky.

For you are not alone, I am here with you...
Though we're far apart, you're always in my heart...
For you are not alone...

Oh, such mystery in a single shooting star.

Does it really contain the legendary wish-granting magic that has been said for centuries? Does it possess such a quality to bring the dreams of any child, adult or elder to reality? Does it really work when you reveal your hopes at night?

It can't hurt to try and find out.

Whisper three words and I'll come running...
And girl, you know that I'll be there...
I'll be there...

You will? You'll really be here if I speak three little words?

That must be it. Maybe your words aren't meant to betray me – more, to guide me towards you. But how am I only just figuring this out?

Three words...

I find myself looking up at the stars again, and when I see that shooting star blazing across the jet black sky, I say it.

"I want you..."

But you're still not here. Maybe I got the words wrong?

"I miss you..."

And still nothing? Are these three words that hard to think of?

"I need you..."

Oh, I just want to see you. Won't you come to me? The three words you want me to speak... what could they be?

What would you say, if you were me? What was a common phrase for you?

Ah, I may just have it!

"I love you..." my quiet voice lets out.

And then, I see all the stars in the sky shine brighter than before, and I see your face, smiling down on me.

My prediction was right. You can see me.

"I see you, but you're not here," I state softly. "What if this is just my mind playing tricks on me? You could just be a picture."

"Say it again," your voice instructs me sweetly.

I remove my headphones from my ears, and look down at my phone screen. The time reads close to midnight; I should be sleeping now.

"I love you," I state once again.

I avert my gaze back up to the sky, but you're not there. You've vanished.

I try to stop myself from crying, but my fight isn't strong, and tears sting my eyes and roll down my cheeks.

"Come and hold me in your arms..." I plead sadly. "Dear God, let him come back..."

Just the other night, I thought I heard you cry...
Asking me to come, and hold you in my arms...
I can hear your prayers...

Is that your sign again? Everything you sing seems to become a reality.

Apart from the one thing I wish would be real: Your return.

Just call my name... and I'll be there...

I dry my eyes, and, looking down at the floor again, I follow your command for the second time tonight.

"Michael..."

And then you're there, standing in front of me. But you look a little different.

Your entire body is radiating a gorgeous ray of light, and your suit is of the finest white silk. You have angel wings made of the most delicate white feathers, and they're gently shaking with each step you take towards me.

The curls you decided to adopt for the last period of your life are soft-looking and wispy. They're floating on the gentle night breeze, and your deep brown eyes are gleaming, courtesy of the light in the room.

Words are beyond me now, just at the sight of you. I'm quite literally speechless.

"I'm just simply Michael," you assure me.

I stand up from my spot by the door, and remain there for a few moments, completely and utterly frozen solid. It still hasn't sunk in that you're here physically – you answered my prayers.

But then, this mad urge to run to you surges through me, so I do.

... I run to you.

And with open arms, you take me into your embrace, lifting me as if I were lighter than a feather, and keeping me warm as if life depended on it. By this time, tears are streaming down my face, and an overwhelmed feeling invades me and my senses.

You're finally here.

"I love you," I whisper into your ear.

Your curls are tickling my tear-stained face, yet comforting me endlessly. It's a magical feeling.

"I love you more," you tell me.

I bury my head into your neck, wrapping my arms around your neck tightly. My legs are coiled around your waist, to secure my position.

And you're simply holding me in your arms, just like my prayers pleaded for.

I feel weightless in your arms – maybe because that's where I belong. I belong in your warm, calming embrace, and I belong there for... forever and eternity.

... Forever can begin now you're here with me.