6 | All Aboard, Almost

I ignored my thoughts and kept walking.

"Ceresse!" he shout.

Annoyed, I turned around with my fists clenched, "What?!"

I waited for him until he caught up to me. He rested his hands on his knees panting, "You.. were going the wrong way." He straightened himself up and brushed his hand over his forehead. "The hotel is the other way." Vincent stretched out his hand to me.

Not this again.

He sighed, "Still mad, huh. Come on, let's go." Vincent grabbed my hand and linked our fingers together.

I looked down at our hands as we strolled down the busy city streets and then looked back up to him, he had that same stupid lost look on his face and somehow.. I seemed to like it. I shook my thoughts away and looked up at the dark sky, "You.. stupid man." I muttered.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We got off the small bus and made ourselves to our hotel room. I jumped on the bed and stretched my body out in relief.

"Finally, I can rest." I said exhausted.

"You're right, we should get to sleep. The ship departs tomorrow at noon and we need to buy some things before leaving." Vincent stated while taking off his hat and coat.

"Noon?" I asked, stomach flat on the bed.

He chuckled, "At mid day. Good night, Ceresse." He was about to turn the light off, "Wait, I want to do something first." I said. He nodded and went inside the bathroom to wash his face.

I took my clothes off and shifted into wolf form. I couldn't stand sleeping as a human. It was inevitable to not make a sound, the bed creaked very loudly and one of my front paws shoved the small table that was in middle of the two beds. Vincent was startled by the noise and came out in disbelief, "Ceresse, did you really have to strip in my presence?! What if I saw you?!"

I huffed, "You were not present, you were in the bathroom. If you had seen me, you would have covered your stupid face with your stupid hand screaming in a stupid high pitched voice." I said blankly, but I was raging on the inside. I tried to calm myself down and curled on the bed, keeping eye contact with him.

Vincent sighed and kneeled down next to me, "I respect you. Do you know what that is?"

"Of course I do. It's just that... you seemed to be allured by Georgia, but when it comes to me, you act like a headless cockroach running away from someone's shoe." His face reddened. I felt my eyes starting to get heavy and couldn't understand much of Vincent's babbling afterward. I closed my eyes and drifted off in slumber.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Vincent's POV

"Hurry up, Ceresse! We're going to miss the ship!" We were running at high speed. It was 11:57 a.m and the ship would might as well leave us.

We lost track of time back at the shops searching for a pair of extra clothing, but thanks to Ceresse, we lost even more time all because of her little outburst with a teenager. They fought like monkeys for the last apple at a fruit stand. It's amazing how that girl loves apples with a passion, she punched the poor girl just because she wanted to buy the apple for her cat.

Do cats even eat apples?

Let me flashback for you.

*FLASHBACK*

"You think your grotesque feline really needs an apple, girl? I am more in need of a balanced snack. Let. Go. Now." Ceresse warned. The two were holding on to the red fruit, neither one of them planning on letting go.

The girl cackled, "You don't seem to need it, old lady. What are you, twenty-six?"

Ceresse growled, "I am twenty-one. You better excuse yourself, twat."

I apologized to the man in charge of the stand, who was getting worried about who would pay for the apple instead of the ruckus that they were causing. I came to notice a pair of young boys at the other side of the street betting on who would win.

Suddenly, a loud smack was heard. I turned back to see the girl Ceresse had been arguing with, touching her cheek. She was on the verge of letting out a scream, but remained silent. She then flipped her off and walked away, but I'm sure Ceresse didn't know what finger signs meant. She stood rubbing the apple with her hands eagerly. She waved at me and took the first bite, "Don't worry about me, Vincent. I punched the idiot!"

It wasn't you who I was worried about...

I sighed and looked at the man, "How much for the apple, sir?"

*END OF FLASHBACK*

We were almost there and I could get a sight of the captain, giving the command to the ship crew to get ready for departure.

I apologized for every person I accidentally shoved in the crowd. Ceresse, being the short tempered person she is, yelled, "GET OUT OF THE WAY, PEOPLE! Are you passengers of this ship? No? THEN MOVE!"

We made it to the deck and presented our reservation tickets. I was glad they only asked for my identification, I don't know what I would've done in Ceresse's case. We were allowed to pass and I could see there were hundreds, maybe thousands of people also onboard.

"Ceresse, we need to stick together, got it? I don't want you to get lost."

No answer.

I turned around and realized that I was talking to myself.

Oh no.

I panicked and started to search for her in one of the most largest crowds I have ever been in my entire life, calling out to her.

"CERESSE!"