4 | I'm Keeping It

Say hello to the new cover I made!

Meh .-. on with the story (I suck at chapter titles)

We walked for hours until we finally arrived a small town where Vincent and I came across many friendly people, something I never imagined; they would greet us and children would give us sudden smiles. Maybe they liked passerbys.

I saw a fruit stand on the sidewalk and ran towards it. "Sir, how much for that apple?" I pointed.

"For you doll, I will give you that one as a gift." The elder man gave me a ripe, red apple. I awed at the sight of it and thanked him.

Vincent caught up to me with panic in his face, he whispered, "Ceresse! Your tail is showing, hide it!" He stared at the back of my rag wondering how my tail got out, "When did you make a hole at the back of your dress?!"

I swayed my tail in joy and ignored his question, "Sorry I was so excited it popped out! Vincent, I demand you to buy all of these apples! For this man who deserves to be wealthy!"

"They are too much to carry! Are you nuts woman?"

I pouted and gave him a pleading look, because apples are so darn delicious.

"No, no, no. Don't be childish and quit pouting. I couldn't be able to carry such a large amount of apples!" he exclaimed with full determination.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We were waiting at a bus stop that would take us to New York as Vincent followed behind carrying a sack of red apples.

"Look Vincent! I can see the bus from here, it's not that far away!"

He grunted, "Too bad, I can't see a thing due to an apple monster blocking my view!"

I huffed and took the sack from his arms. "I'll help with that."

"You're clearly stronger than me, why didn't you carry it in the first place?"

"Never mind that." I started to chomp on them and within seconds, I had finished with half of them.

I saw a child with rosy cheeks walking beside her mother, "Hey, kid! Have a fat apple!" I threw the item to the girl, but it landed hard on her head and she started to cry. "Oops." The mother gave me a stern look, grabbed the apple from the floor and took a bite from it with ferociousness.

"Disgusting." I blankly said. I turned to look at Vincent, who was preparing the money for the bus.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The trip was very tiring since it lasted all night, but no men stealing money were encountered at least.

As we got off the bus, I was overwhelmed by the enormous buildings within the city, so beautiful! "Welcome to New York!" yelled Vincent whilst taking ahold of his hat. I felt a strong urge to just roam freely but I held it in and smiled at him.

He brought up a black box with a circle in the middle, I stared at it in confusion and he said, "Ceresse, let me introduce you... to the photographing camera! Now sweetheart, stand in front of that fountain and give me a smile, I'll show you what this baby can do." He grinned.

I did as he said, a small thin item came from underneath the box; I could see myself! It was a moment captured in an instant that would stay like that forever.

"I.. I want to try! Show me how, so I can do the same with you."

I was holding the camera as Vincent was standing where I was a few moments ago, giving me a big, bright smile with his not-so-tamed brown hair and light green eyes. I felt something warm running across my face, I flipped off the feeling and took the picture.

"How do I look?" he asked.

Amazing.

"Nice," I answered. "can I keep it? I mean, I'm keeping it." I smiled and brought it to my chest. His face turned faint red and he nodded.

"Well then, I'm keeping your picture." He said softly.

I laughed, "Too late, I tore it apart! I looked hideous, did you not see?!"

"Ceresse!" he whined.

"Just kidding, here it is." I said, revealing him the picture from my hand. "You want it?" I teased.

Vincent started to chase after me as I dashed away from him along New York city's streets sticking out my tongue out to him every once in a while.

Who knew, that one day I would meet a human that would make me happy like this?