Paul grew silent, but then started speaking again. "So, what does them living here have anything to do with our furry tails? I mean, the Elders were pissed when they heard about the Cullens but I don't understand why..." Paul spoke again.
Kai sighted. "Because the Cullens moved back here, the Quileutes with the gene will start phasing in order to protect La Push from the cold ones... Kinda as an safety mechanism."
"What a slow safety mechanism...." He muttered.

"So what in the world is the gene?" He asked again.
"The gene is what every wolf shifter has. When you have the gene and a cold one comes by, you"ll phase. If you don't have the gene then you're human." Kai explained carefully so Paul wouldn't freak out about it.

"What do we do now?" Paul looked at Kai again. Kai looked at Paul and ruffled a hand threw his hair. "You have to get a haircut." She laughed. Paul looked confused, "Why?" He asked. "Your fur will be shaggy. That's why Sam and I cut our hair off." Kai said. Paul nodded.

"But if we have to protect La Push from cold ones, how should we do that? Do we have a batman-cave somewhere or some of that crazy shitt?" Paul asked again, confused to his new job as a protecter.
Kai in that case, laughed her ass of at the mention of a batman-cave. "No Paul, we have alarm watches that go off if a cold one enters our territory...."

"For real!?" Paul excitingly asked.

"No of course not! We have to patrol around the borders of La Push in our wolf form. Also..."

That's how Kai and Paul kept talking till late in the afternoon. They talked about the side-effects of being a wolf. About the aging and the mind-connection and everything else (non-)supernatural-related.

When the sun was in the middle of setting Pauls story of pushing a kid in a river on a field trip was under broken by the sounds of Kai's ringtone. She pulled out her phone and didn't even bother holding it to her ear.
"With Kai."
Kai, it's me. Sam. I heard another guy phased.
"Yeah he's with me now, his name is Paul. He's one grade above me and is Cassandra's son."
I know who he is Kai, I'm not stupid.
"Well......"
Kai, Sam said warningly.
"Yeah yeah...
Bring him to Harry's, Billy is there too and I'm on my way.
"Okay, I will. See you then.
Yeah see you then, later baby sis.
"Yeah bye.

Kai hung up and looked at Paul. "It looks like we're going to the Elders." Kai stood up and started walking with Paul trailing slightly behind her, he quickly catches up while flinging his arm around Kai's shoulder. "You know if everyone is as hot as you, I don't think I'll mind this at all." Paul flirted.

Kai scoffed and rolled her eyes, ignoring his player-ways.

...

Kai and Paul arrived at the Clearwater household. When they reached the front door, Kai knocked on the door. The door was opened by Sue. "Hey Kai, how are you?" Sue suddenly gasped at the sight of Paul, half naked. "Is this your boyfriend?" She questioned. "I'm good Sue, and no. This is Paul Lahote."
Sue's expression was still confused as to why he is half naked. "Ow, well nice to meet you Paul., Sue happily spoke. "Nice to meet you too Mrs. Clearwater." Paul said. "Oh please! Call me Sue." Sue has always had this habit that everyone should call her by her first name, otherwise she"ll feel old. "Alright, Sue." Paul smiled.

"Hey Sue, is Leah home?" Kai asked while furrowing her brows. Sue shook her head. "No she said she would be out for a while and won't come back till after dinner."
Kai nodded. "Alright." And pulled Paul inside with her.