Temporary Alpha

Kai

I have been walking for 5 minutes and I'm already on the beach (what it's a sunny day). I think I'm beginning to get the hang of this wolf-powers faster than Sam is.

I still can't believe that the legends are true. The bedtime stories mom used to tell us, are true. And I'm living them right now. I'm a wolf-shifter, a protector. And all because those stupid cold-ones had to come back here.
The beach is full with teens and family's, enjoying the rare sun.

Since Sam is still in the hospital at Emily's side. I had to run all the patrols for the past 5 days. But I had to do it when mom was either asleep, or not home. Cause mom still thought I was 'sick'. But I'm not sick mom, I just phased into one of the protectors of La Push. That's not psycho at all..

third person p.o.v.

Suddenly, her thoughts were cut of by a scared howl. She quickly darted into the woods and threw her clothes and belongings in a bush. And thinking of things that pissed her off she immediately phased. Once in wolf-form, she heard a guys voice asking himself question a mile a minute. What?where?how?what?

-Kai: Hey, are you alright?
-guy: What the hell?! Why am I hearing a girls voice in my animal head?! Screamed the deep guys voice.
-Kai: Will you calm the fuck down! My name is Kai Uley and I'm here to help. You're not alone, me and my brother are- she was cut off by the guy.
-guy: I knew it! I knew something was wrong with you Uleys! But why me too?!
-Kai: Okay first of all, who are you?!
-guy: My name is Paul, Paul Lahote. Wow, the man whore at La Push High is a shape-shifter.
-Kai: Okay Paul, I will explain everything to you once you're phased back. Did anyone see you? Kai was scared that someone saw him.
-Paul: No, I snapped at my mom and left the house. Only to turn into this gigantic wolf. While Paul said that, the memory replayed in his head. Kai saw a woman looking scared at her direction, probably at Paul. Then she saw red and suddenly she saw big silver-grey paws.
-Kai: Okay I"ll get you some pants and while I do that you try to calm down.
-Paul: How the hell am I supposed to calm down woman?
-Kai: just think happy thoughts.

With that Kai darted of to where her clothes and stuff were and phased back. In her clothes she sprinted back to her house. That wasn't so hard with the super speed. While she was running she called Harry. "Hey Harry, someone else phased. His name is Paul Lahote and he is stressing his tail of so I gotta go again. Tell the other Elders and Sam please, bye!" She immediately hung up again.

Once she was at her house she darted up the stairs and took a pair of sweatpants of her brother, only to her out her house again and run to where she heard the noises of an scared wolf.
...
It took 3 hours to get Paul to phase back. His temper seemed to be worse the Kai's.

They walked in silence to First Beach.

At First Beach, Kai sat down at the first log she saw. Looking out at the ocean helped her clear her mind. But she got pulled out of her calm state when a gruff voice next to her started speaking. "So, what exactly is going on with me?" Paul asked.
Kai looked at him and saw confusion and a little bit of fear in his eyes. "The legends of the Quileute. They are all true." She spoke.
Paul's eyes grew wide and he frustratedly pulled a hand threw his shoulder length hair.

After sighing he spoke again. "So we are werewolves?" He asked. "No, we are Quileute shape shifters. We are the protecters of La Push and the enemies of the cold ones." She said.

Paul chuckled at that. "What as in vampires?" He jokingly asked. But he stopped laughing when he saw Kai's head go up and down. "The Cullens, who moved here a 2 years ago... Are cold ones. They are the reason we are turning into wolfs one by one." She bitterly spoke. "But why are we turning now they have lived here for 2 years already?!" Paul questioned again. "I don't know, Paul." Kai answered.