Are You Naked?

I was in the middle of rinsing all the soapy bubbles off me when all the sudden I heard a terrified yell and something crashing to the floor.  That couldn't be good, since Pony was the only other person at the Curtis's besides me, and he was supposed to be asleep in bed since he had a fever and was staying home from school today.

For some reason I was extremely worried about him, because he had a tendency to do stupid things when he was delirious, which always happened when he was sick.

Without thinking twice, I jumped out of the shower, not even bothering to turn it off, and wrapped myself in a towel before practically running to his and Soda's room.

"Ponyboy?" I asked, concern seeping into my voice. 

He was sitting up in bed, blinking confusedly at me, but he was awake.   And had apparently knocked a glass off the night table, which had shattered all over the floor.

"Are you okay?" I asked him skeptically as he squinted at me in the dim light, because the blinds were closed.

"Are you naked?" I what he asked me, sounding completely dumbfounded instead of answering my question.

I sighed and responded flatly, "No, I'm in a towel."

"Oh," Pony answered in the tone of someone who still had no idea what I was talking about.

Man, was the kid out of it. 

I rolled my eyes and commanded, "Don't get out of bed, there's glass all over the floor.  I'll be right back," before leaving to go get dressed, and finish taking a shower. Not necessarily in that order, though.

When I came back he was already out again, and I sighed and mentally swore at him for worrying me so much as I cleaned up the glass.  At least he hadn't done anything too stupid, except for the part where he saw me with only a towel on and thought I was naked.  I was hoping when he got better he'd either not remember that or blame it on being delirious.