❁ Chapter Nine ❁

Video: Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld

The Bad Girl Sleeps In My Bed ❁ Chapter Nine

"I've decided I want to invite Hollie to prom," Cole tells me the next morning once I step out of my car in the school's parking lot. "Do you think she'd go with me?"

I shrug, "I don't know, man, you have to ask her."

Deep down in my stomach I was praying to God that Hollie wouldn't agree to go to prom with Cole. Even though Cole has been my friend for such a long time and we're basically like brothers, I want to go with Hollie. But I don't think she'd want to go with me either. She'll probably go with Diego or any other hot football player from school. Speaking of Diego, I'm still not sure whether they're a couple or just friends. They hang out a lot and Diego is always very protective of her and says all these cute things to her. Considering Hollie has been with me a lot and has been acting very flirty and friendly towards me, it's impossible they're together but you always have to expect the worst when it comes to relationships. Nowadays people are just playing with each other's emotions for fun and no matter how many times people get hurt, everyone is just going to continue the stupid player façade.

"Has she been talking about me while you two have been out?" Cole asks, adjusting the strap of his messenger bag on his shoulder. "I still can't believe you never invite me out when you're with her. What happened to bros before hoes?"

"Hollie likes to be alone with me, I guess," I explain. "She never invites Elise or Diego out with us either. She just wants to be alone with me and we just do random stuff. To answer your previous question, no she hasn't said anything about you. We haven't even talked about you."

"What the hell, man?" Cole whisper-yells. "You're supposed to help a bro out, not steal my future wife from me. You know I've been in love with her since like the third grade." He crosses his arms over his chest and by the look on his face it's obvious he isn't very pleased with me. Cole gets very jealous easily so I'm surprised he hasn't told me to stop hanging out with Hollie or anything like that. I doubt he would ever do that though, Cole's not the type of person to do that.

"I'm not stealing your future wife from you, Cole, there's a small chance you'll ever be together with her anyway," I reply.

Cole stares at me with an angry expression.

"Why do you think that?"

"I don't know, she doesn't seem interested in you."

"So you're saying she's interested in you? Why would she be? There's nothing special about you. You're always hanging out at home and you don't have a social life at all, I'm more outgoing which is her type. I'm also way bigger of a rebel than you and unlike you, Hollie and I might have stuff to talk about."

"I guess that's why she always want to hang out with me," I mumble under my breath.

"What did you say?" Cole asks.

"Nothing, I've got to get to class."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Once lunch rolled around, I was already tired of school. Even though I enjoy school, I still don't want to spend so much of my time here. I want to be at home and write music and do random things, not study. At least I can get a good education, which is the key to getting into a good college.

During lunch I spot Hollie sitting at a table with Elise and Diego. Obviously I don't hear what they're talking but it looks like they're having loads of fun. I kind of want to be as cool as them, everyone in school admires them and even though they're always together, everybody wants to be their friend and they have a lot of people to talk to, unlike me.