Chapter 17 - Round Two! Electric vs Dark!

Start from the beginning

"A Gyarados? I thought they would be using dark Pokemon only" Clemont scratched his chin and turned to Jeremy, who grinned. 

"Tyranitar, I choose you!" 

"Tyranitar!" Tyranitar landed onto the ground, causing dust to rise in its wake. 

"Wow! A Gyarados and a Tyranitar, quite the powerhouse pairing!" the commentator looked on. "Who will Ash and Clemont choose as their partners?"

"Pikachu, you're up buddy" Ash nodded to Pikachu, who ran onto the field. He then turned to Clemont. "I hope you made the right choice"

"You bet I did" Clemont nodded and then threw his pokeball. "Lets win this, Luxray, I choose you!"

"Luxray!" Luxray had almost the same impact as the giant beast, Tyranitar. 

"Match, begin!" the Referee declared that the match was starting.

"Lets kick this off with a big bang! Gyarados!"

"Tyranitar!"

"MEGA EVOLVE!" Jeremy and Parker spoke in unison and the crowd exploded in a wild frenzy of cheers as Jeremy and Parker revealed their megastones. Both of their Pokemon began to change shape, Mega Gyarados looking more like a fish than its usual self, the gills hanging off of its body, but it looked even more menacing than before and was now also a water and dark type Pokemon. Tyranitar was now covered in spikes, protruding from its tail and other body parts and its chest was now red, with a little black over the front. 

"WOW! Who would have expected that two young trainers such as Parker and Jeremy would have two mega evolving Pokemon? What is Ash and Clemont's first move?"

"Luxray, use electric terrain!" Clemont instantly decided to power up all electric type moves. Luxray focused all of his electric energy and the ground became filled with sparkling electricity.

"Pikachu, thunderbolt on Gyarados!" Ash realized Gyarados was still a water type and that he could use this to his advantage, to defeat Parker and Jeremy. Pikachu leaped into the air and charged up his electric energy, his body flowing with the energy inside himself. Then, Pikachu unleashed a huge thunderbolt at Gyarados.

"PIKAAAA-CHUUUUUU!" Pikachu unleashed the thunderbolt and it hit Gyarados directly. Gyarados strained and held back the thunderbolt with all of its strength. As soon as the thunderbolt faded, Gyarados was hurt but wasn't willing to show it. 

"Well, that wasn't going to last long, Gyarados, rain dance if you will" Parker was too casual and it made the whole arena sense a different vibe from him. There was a lot of uncomfortable murmurs from the crowd as it began to rain around the arena. The electric terrain disappeared and now the match was back to normal.

"Tyranitar, sunny day!" Jeremy followed on from Parker's move and Tyranitar made it really sunny over the field, meaning fire moves were now in control. "Now, lets see that fire blast of yours!"

"You too, Gyarados, fire blast now!" both Pokemon followed the command, creating a large amount of fire around their bodies. Then, they unleashed the fire and it merged, creating a fire blast twice the size as a usual one. The fire shot off in different directions, like a claw trying to grab a prize from a machine. 

"Pikachu, use quick attack and move under the fire blast!" Ash gritted his teeth and hoped Pikachu would be all right. His body became encased in a sort of white aura and he sped off just under the fire blast, the intense heat creating a bead of sweat across the mouse Pokemon's forehead. 

"Luxray, use wild charge and head straight for that fire blast!" Clemont told Luxray, who hesitated for a moment. Then, he charged forward at a rapid pace, his body becoming completely encased in electricity. Luxray let out a roar and smashed into the fire blast, trying to push it back and fight against it. Meanwhile, Pikachu was rushing underneath the fire blast, unbeknownst to Parker and Jeremy.