Matthews' Household ; Greenwich Village ; New York ; 7:06 a.m.

Riley was sitting at the dinner table, eating breakfast, waiting for her best friend, Maya to arrive.
"It's 6 minutes after 7 where is Maya?" "She'll be here any minute Riley. Don't worry." her mother reassured her. A second later, Maya was walking in the door, mumbling something about cheerleading. "What about cheerleading?" Riley said, looking up with wide eyes. See, Riley always wanted to be a cheerleader but she never made the team. "Riley, I'm gonna let you try out this year. I've made up my mind. But on one condition." Maya said, sitting down and grabbing the food Mrs. Matthews put in front of her. "What's the condition?" Riley asked with a big smile on her face. "Promise me you won't get hurt." Maya said sympathetically. "I promise." Riley replied and then turned her head to the rest of her family, "This is gonna be my year guys." She said with a nod that said "I'm sure of it."
Maya looked down and silently prayed that Riley was right. She really didn't wanna see her best friend get crushed again if she didn't make it.
A/N: WOO!! I GOT THE STORY UP TODAY!! I'M GONNA TRY TO STAY COMMITTED TO THIS ONE! THIS CHAPTER IS GOING UP UNEDITED SO I'M SORRY IF THERE'S ANY GRAMMATICAL/SPELLING ERRORS. I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS STORY.