Chapter 5- Devils Night

Victoria's POV

I walked up to the front desk and found Iris.
"Hey Iris", i said with a smile.
"Hey Victoria. How may I help you?"
"Actually, I was wondering if you could tell me about this hotels history?"
"I don't know... We're not supposed to talk about it"
"Who's we?"
"Oh screw it I'll tell ya. Come on"
-----------
We were sitting at the bar tables in the back.
"Okay, so many years ago there was this guy with the initials "JPM", and he built this hotel, but this wasn't just any ordinary hotel. It's a secret torture chamber. You see, there are many secret doors and traps, and how there are some floors with no exits? He built all this, because he is put to the title of the Ten Commandments killer... He killed up to 3 people a week. Way more if he went on a bander", she explained.
"That sounds-" she cut me off.
"Terrifying?"
"No... Interesting", she gave me a weird look. "Now, don't get me wrong I mean it's awful for someone to kill that many people, but it's kind of interesting when you think about what could go on in a killers mind you know? Creating hidden doors and hallways with no exits was a pretty bright idea. Do you know why he did it?", I asked.
"No one knows. He was caught by the police, but killed himself before they could arrest him", she shrugged.
"What does JPM stand for?", i ask.
"Um.. I can't-", she was cut off.
"Iris! I need you", which sounded like Elizabeth. She mouthed 'sorry' to me and was on her way.
Only one thing stayed on my mind: who was JPM??
-------------------
Halloween.. The time for everyone to dress up as someone they wished they were and go out trick or treating in a night of pretending.. Well, for most people. Me? I dress up in whatever I want and go get candy to binge eat at home while watching Netflix. But, since I'm at the hotel for Halloween. I'm unsure of what to do. I did bring my costume though, just in case there was any party or anything.
I brought a devil costume, just because I like red. Halloween isn't exactly my favorite holiday because I didn't have many friends that wanted to go trick or treating with me so I stayed home for the most part. Oh screw it. I'll just walk around the hotel in a devils costume, I don't care anymore.
I took a shower and put on my costume, with that I headed down to the lobby to be met with the cross dresser to whom I forgot his name.. Oops.
"Hey! Did I get any mail?", I asked. He looked at my costume. And had a small chuckle. "Something amusing you?"
"Oh nothing. You just play the perfect part"
"Of Halloween?", I asked.
"Oh please.  Halloween is with carved pumpkins and Halloween candy. Devils night is where the fun really is"
"What's Devils night?"
"It's where the real ghouls come out to play. Which is why Mr. March's special dinner event is the highlight of the season. And his guest list is very VIP, and oh... How did I miss this?", he asked himself as he looked on the list. He walked over to the mail box things (don't know what there called) and returned with a letter in his hand. "Lucky you", he hands me the letter. "You've been invited".
----------------
I haven't spoke to James ever since our encounter last night... Should I bale? Yeah, i think I should.
I kept arguing in my mind in my hotel room. My mom and Elizabeth are at a club for Halloween, so I can't make up an excuse. What am I going to do?
I walked into the bedroom to find a clothing cover and a note. I picked it up and it read:

Knock em dead, tonight. Oh, and to save you embarrassment of that costume. Here's something more formal
    Love, Liz
Oh so that was his name...
I unzipped the bag to find a Long beautiful dress. It was breathe taking.
I slipped on the beautiful dress and my black heels. I put on a silver necklace and flattened my brunette hair. With that I was on my way..
--------------
Word count: 722