Chapter 4- Woah

Victoria's POV

"So tell me Ms. Richards.. How is it you came to stay here?", James asks me. I was sitting across from him on a couch, him on a chair in his hotel room. He smiled and handed me a drink.
"My mom is visiting an old friend, and I didn't want to stay by myself in San Diego. So, I came with her", I said.
"How delightful. Anyways, tell me a little about yourself, because the mysterious essence from you had me confused"
"There's not much to know about me..."
"Oh come on! Tell me anything Victoria. Anything so I can learn a little more about you"
"Why would you want to", I giggled.
"Because your worth knowing". I blushed and looked at him in the eyes.
"Well... My name is Victoria Richards. I was born and raised in San Diego. My father wasn't um.. Nice to my mom and I. So, know he's in prison for the rest of his life. I read way to much, and I'm not like today's youth. I don't really have a thing for electronical devices. See. Nothing special about me", I shrugged.
"How about your love life?", he asked. That's a weird thing to ask, but I just guess he's curious.
"Well.. Love is a strong word, and for some weird reason I take that word very seriously... When that word is said to another... It's like an oath, a promise. I've only had 2 relationships, and after those I knew I would never be loved, besides who needs love."
"Do you mind telling me what happened?"
"Um sure... My 1st boyfriend I dated for two years and he cheated on me. Typical guy. And my other relationship I dated him for 4 years, and then he hit me..."
"I'm so sorry, Victoria. No man should ever do that!"
"Yeah, but it's in the past". I looked at the clock and sighed. "It's getting late I should head back to my hotel room", I set my drink down and stood up. "It was really nice talking to you James", I smiled.
"It's always a pleasure talking to you Victoria", he smiled.
I grabbed my phone and headed towards the door, right when I touched the handle, he grabbed my hand and spun me around to where my lips met his. I was so shocked, I had no idea how to respond. It was a short kiss, and he pulled away and smiled.
I was still shocked, and my mouth was wide open. I quickly shut it.
"Goodnight Ms. Richards", he said and released my hand. I didn't even say anything. I just hurried out the door and into the elevator. Once the doors closed I leaned my body against the wall, and closed my eyes. I slid down the wall to the floor and opened my eyes.
"Woah"
----------------
Word Count: 480