CHAPTER | TWENTY-ONE

"The fallen leaves in the forest seemed to make even the ground glow and burn with light."

  ― Malcolm Lowry,

Chapter 21

The phone rang again and I groaned with irritation. As I got up from my seat and grabbed the phone's receiver. 

"Hello" 

"Watch your tone, young lady," Alec said in an old granny voice. Which was pretty impressive knowing he has a deep voice."You have to be out side the door in five minutes or else" 

"Or else what," I tried to hold in my laughter,"I already said I wasn't going and therefore I am not going, thank you for calling and don't call again"  

I slammed the phone back into the receiver and walked back to my table. I was studying for my exams that were coming next week, like I have time for partying. If anything I don't even have time to eat. Especially, even when I know Zerena's going to be there. It makes me cringe even thinking about it. After all she had Alec now. 

I looked at the time, thinking that I could go to bed peacefully, hoping that Halloween would pass today. All I needed was time to study, and stop thinking about anything else. I was failing Physics and if I don't at least pass this exam, I don't think I could live with night school or even summer school. 

The phone bleated again which made me more mad knowing I just picked up my pen to write. I got up feeling inflamed as I held the handle in frustration and finally put it to my ear,"Alec, I swear to God--" I stopped after hearing someone clearing their throat. It sounded too manly, definitely not Alec."Hello..."

"Hi," the voice softened tone said. Only one being popped up into my thoughts. 

"Tyler?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you for quite some time, so I thought I should call and ask to meet up," his voice continued to speak. And from there I didn't hear anything but my thoughts over powering me.

I didn't know what to say, so I stood there thinking he must really hate me considering Alec, also known as my best friend, punched the guy I completely care about in the face.  Which made me look bad, after a couple days I gained my memory from that night and now I wish I never have. 

"Dee-Dee," he said into the intercom,"Are you listening"

"You called me..." I sighed, smiling like an idiot.

"I know, I haven't called you that for a long time," he seemed anxious,"thought I'd give it a try, you don't like it?" 

"No, no!" Ugh. Daisy relax,"It's just a...relief" 

"Oh really," I could literally feel his smile from here. That I've missed so much."Well, anyway, I was wondering if you could come to the Halloween party at the grand mall" 

"You too," I rolled my eyes. I don't know why I don't want to study anymore.

"What do you mean?" 

"Never mind," I grinned. Now that he wants me to come it's seems like the best idea ever. Wonder why. 

"Alright, then you'll be there," he pushed forward,"I mean, just a heads up there will be people, actual human beings that you will be forced to socialize with" 

"My problem exactly," I laughed,"I think that's the most scariest thing ever"

 "How can convenient, it is to be Halloween after all" he laughed with me. And I couldn't help smiling.