CHAPTER | TWO

"Most people felt lost after high school. Sometimes I felt like I'd never really been found in the first place."

― Lish McBride 

Chapter 2

"Wake up, shithead" My brother stood near the door with a brief case. "I have work and I'm going to be late, I don't have time for this" 

I leaned at the edge of the mattress tired. All because Alec wouldn't leave till 3 am in the morning. He made me stay awake all night over his caffeine intake. 

"Okay Okay" I waved Drake off and he headed downstairs. I got up and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower. After I dried up. I stood in front of mirror noticing my tanned skin looked pale. My hair felt wavier than usual. It looked like a total mess. I brushed my teeth before doing my hair. I combed through it. I decided that I needed a change so I grabbed my 'never used makeup kit' near me. I started putting eyeliner on. And that's as far as I went with adjusting myself for once. 

I went downstairs and noticed Drake opening the door to get out. I smiled."Have a nice day, asshole"

He grins and walks up to me flicks my head."Don't get comfortable"

"With what!" I start laughing while he walks out the door. He is and will always be a weird guy. 

I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the phone from the receiver. I always wanted to throw it out. Its so ancient. I noticed my cell was upstairs. Too lazy, too far. 

I dialed Alec's phone number by heart. The only number besides drake's, I actually know of.  

"Go ahead caller, you're on the air" Oh Alec. 

"Pick me up in five minutes, okay" I said annoyed. He always has his own way of picking up the damn phone. 

"Congratulations! You have just won yourself a FREE ride with the one and only dashing football player in all of town!" He said with a weird laugh. 

"Great" I hung up. How rude of me. I went to and grabbed two waffles and a glass of milk. I quickly wore black skinny jeans and black converse. I threw on a 'I love Cali' Sweater. 

I heard someone knocking on the door. Alec. 

I grabbed my new bag and opened the door. Alec looked like he came back from school rather than him going. His brown hair was messier than usual. He had those wild eyes like he lost his breathe after practice. 

"You...okay?" I lifted my eyebrow. 

"You know I always am" He smiled from ear to ear. 

And with that, he grabbed my wrist and ran to his car. It was a Honda Civic. I got inside the front seat with him on my left. 

"Alright,Alright, ALRIGHT!!" He started the ignition. 

"Kevin Hart Reference" I said recalling hearing that before. He nodded.  

After a five minutes of silence. I decided to break the awkwardness. 

"You sure your okay" I said concerned."I mean your not talking and you always talk" 

"Yeah,Yeah, I know. I was doing practice today, is all" He said rubbing his neck with his other hand on the wheel. 

"You seem serious about football" I smiled."I mean even more than usual, of course"

He laughed."Yeah, well I do need a scholarship"

"Graduation..." I sighed trailing off. I always wanted to go to get everything over with. The feeling of being over with high school is the best thing ever. Or so I've heard. 

"College is headed are way!" He yelled out the window. And started laughing again. 

"Hey, Hey, Don't get to excited. It's the the beginning of the last year. You can just yell out College when its fucking september, Jeez-louis" 

"Don't say that again, alright" Putting his hand on his forehead. I punched him in the arm. I turn my head to the window, only to find out we made it. 

Vanguard High School. The school filled with divisions, factions and groups. This school literally defines who you are. I mean literally. 

I get out the car to see high school girls, popular jocks, nerds and geeks and the...factionless. I laughed over the thought. 

"What's so funny" Alec got out of the parked car and stood by my side. 

"Ah, nothing" 

"Yeah, right" He started walking forward and I followed him. Class was going to start in half an hour. 

"Classes don't start yet, I think we could chill" Alec stared at me, waiting for my decision. 

"I gues--"

"YO, ALEC" A bunch of football dudes charged ahead. It looked like I was staring at vikings. "Where've you been this whole summer" A guy who looked like another one of his friends on the field put his arm over his shoulder. 

"Oh hey Daisy" Some guy who had dark brown hair from the team said. 

"Hey...um...you" I tried a smile. I couldn't remember his name. He always use to play on the team. 

"Dylan" He laughed and grabbed Alec by the shoulder with his big hand."Mind if we borrow this" 

"This? Who do you take me for" Alec glared at Dylan. 

I just laughed at Alec's attempt to be scary. He looked happy with them. I shouldn't be that overprotective friend. People will get the wrong idea and think I idealize him. 

"Sure, don't have to ask me" I said bluntly.

"Hey! Dumplings, that's hurtful" UGH. 

"Stop with that. First, that's not cute, for your information. And second, Dumplings?...Really?" I gave him a nasty look."And I thought Dimples was disgusting, I mean really, Alec?"

The team started to laugh. Weird. Wasn't...funny. So I started smiling uncomfortably.

"Bye, Daisy" The football team stole Alec. They weren't kidding. Alec started to try and turn around to wave at me. The team kept pushing him forward anyway. These guys are a pain in the ass. Now what was I going to do. 

"Ah" I cried after realizing I pumped into someone. 

"Oh I'm so sorry!" A boy with blond hair that reached his shoulders appeared before me. He wore glasses but his bangs dropped down on top of them. He had a beautiful figured jawline...

"No I'm sorry. I spaced...out" He was pretty for a guy who covered literally half of his face. And Sweet.

"Well...I'll be on my way" He laughed awkwardly and ran to the building. He was shy. 

Who is he...

****************************************************************************

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!! ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY AND VOTE!!!! I really apprectiate your support! I'll make more hopefully. Share with friends and family.

Teaser of the day: Let's find out who he is...

Yet again THANK YOU!!! ENJOY this ONGOING book!

"Alec & Daisy"