CHAPTER | SIXTEEN

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chapter 16

"Some people will be coming over tonight"

Drake ran at the front door waving his hands around that carried his papers. He looked like he was in a hurry considering he was in a hurry. His face became a bit red because he was so frustrated. Which worried me a little, I didn't want him getting grey hairs.

"Who?" I tilted my head while squinting my eyes. Not many people come over for dinner.

"Tyler and a...friend" he looked down in embarrassed of something. He continued talking but I couldn't hear anything.

Ever since what happened the other day. I didn't want to see Tyler. Ever. Again. I made a complete fool of myself in front of him. He's like six years older than me. The same age as my brother, there's no way he felt anything for a girl who he thinks of as his little sister. It makes me feel belittled. Especially when I felt something.

I shook my head violently. What am I saying?

"Days?" Drake's free hand waved in my face."Are you listening?"

"No I didn't actually. Sorry I...never mind, repeat what you said"

"Pay attention! I don't have time," he checked his watch and slowly his eyes widened in surprise."Okay, breathe" he was frantically pacing around the small space like a dog."Listen carefully," saying the words without missing a syllable,"Anna and Tyler are going to be--"

"Who's Anna?"

"My...uhm," he placed his hand on his mouth,"girl...friend"

"Ahhhhh! No way! Drake! You! Ahhhhh!" I jumped around in place. So happy for him and soon to be future sister in law.

"Shut the hell up" his eye twitched."I'm leaving" he mumbled, picked up his suit case and opened the door."So clean up the house okay?"

"Sure, baby" I teased. Drake smiled, and left with a wave.

I went for the calendar in the kitchen. Dinner was circled and written in humongous writing. Then it came to me, this dinner must be really important to Drake. Especially getting my permission first on the girl, Anna. Whether she is suitable for him or not, I'm a big part Drake's life, me excepting her is something important to him. I just wish he'd told me earlier.

I grabbed a hold of my beats and started playing a recent song by Justin Bieber. I jumped on the kitchen table and danced my heart. Even though I wasn't good at it. I still danced, cause I want to.I don't know why everyone hates on him. He's amazing.

"What do you mean?

Ohh ohh ohh

When you nod your head yes

But you wanna say no" a sang along, shaking my hips, wailing my arms. I felt like an otter. Hey, come on, Justin's bae.

The phone bleated. I jumped off the table and ran to get the phone from the receiver.

"Daisy! Daisy! Are you there!?" the voice boomed into my ear.

"Jerome?"

"Yes! Can I see you!? Like right now?" his tone was pleading. He sounded really distressed. Which was rare, Jerome isn't always like this.