Chapter 5

"It's been a week, since you started dating, right?" Mayumi asked while you sat beside each other at the side of the gym. You just watched the third string practice not bothering to look for Chihiro. You always lose sight of him when they hold mini-games.

"Uhh, yeah I guess,"

"You're both so unromantic," Mayumi said flatly.

"Yeah whatever," you rolled your eyes. Where did that even come from? It may be somewhat true, but at least it makes you unique.

She then abruptly stood up and twirled around as she spoke, "You're supposed to cherish all the moments with each other!"

"We do," you frowned at her slightly not sure why she's blabbering about cherishing moments together out of the blue.

She squinted at you putting her hands on her hips, "Then go celebrate or something,"

"When it comes to it," you deadpanned. It's only been a week, what's there to celebrate? You focused on the sweaty guys on the court then miraculously saw your elusive boyfriend make a shot. He looked at you then gave you a small smile; you couldn't help it and just smiled back. He was surely doing things on purpose...like catching you off guard like that. Your smile didn't fade even after he turned and blended in with the other players again.

"And now you're smiling like the idiot you really are,"

You glared playfully at her, "Oh shut up,"

--------

"I don't know what to feel," you told Chihiro referring to his second entry as you two walked towards your classroom. Morning practice had ended.

"Why? Didn't it make you smile?"

"It did, okay? You're so unfair!"

He just suppressed a laugh. You wished he didn't. You'd love to hear him laugh. His laughter is precious after all. Another thing you're not telling him any sooner.

"Just what will happen when I tell you that?"

"Goodness, could you remind me why I agreed to go out with you?" you sighed. Chihiro can be so arrogant, haughty and self-centered, but you didn't find those qualities to be a turn-off. You weren't sure if that was really a good thing.

"Because you lo-"

"Oh no Chihiro, I remember now... Don't bother answering," you cut him off before he could say anything else to further tease you.

"Just tell me if you need a reminder again,"

"Yeah yeah," you replied absentmindedly. Somehow, you didn't feel like a normal couple. Nothing much had changed except you always walk to school together, go home together, spend the lunch break together, and tease each other(though most of the time, it was him teasing you). Weren't couples always overly sweet to an unhealthy extent? Unlike your current relationship. Oh who cares? Besides, it's only been a week.

"If you forget," you tensed up when you felt his lips brush against your ear, his warm breath tickling you a little, "I'll be sure to make you remember,"

You shoved him away trying to look annoyed, "That's reassuring,"

"Good then," he replied. Your heart was beating fast; credits to Chihiro. Sometimes, you still wonder whether you were dreaming or not. Like, goodness... Mayuzumi Chihiro asked you out! Someone as unnoticeable like you—oh wait he's more unnoticeable but still! Having someone him-the person you like- like you back doesn't always happen.

You reached your classroom. You were careful not to make any eye contact with Akane; it would be really awkward otherwise.

------