Chapter 3

Nijicchi's Nonsense: Because palm-licking is a new way to start a relationship XD

----------

His first entry was rather full of insults (well, not really but most of it). Oh what do you expect? It's Mayuzumi Chihiro we're talking about. At least, he's honest? But you were actually having mixed emotions; it was quite a good thing that he wrote there that you'd "surely win the argument anyway". It just meant he can't refuse you.

"I'm not so sure how to feel, Chihiro,"

"Oh you've read it? Great." he replied as the two of you walked to school.

"You think I could never hate you?"

"Can you?" he asked smirking a little.

"You're insufferable," you mumbled.

"Don't worry, I could never hate you too," he said pinching your cheek lightly.

You smirked back at him when he let go, "Oh you could just admit it that you love me too much, y'know?"

"Ha-ha, yeah whatever," he replied flatly, but you didn't miss the tint of red on his cheeks. As you were about to open your locker you noticed Akane closing hers looking intently at you. You averted your gaze and just focused on changing into your indoor shoes.

"Relax," Chihiro whispered to your ear. You tensed up a little as his breath tickled your ear.

"Then don't stand so close," you whispered back frowning. He just chuckled softly.

"I'm going on ahead," he said leaving you behind with Akane who approached you the moment Chihiro left.

"(your name)...chan," Akane's voice was so soft. You knew you'll have to face her sooner or later, but you didn't think you were ready yet. What were you even supposed to talk about? Will she just hate on you?

"Akane...chan, I think--"

"We shouldn't talk now? Yeah, I agree. I don't even know why I approached you."

You kept silent.

"Maybe... Let's not just hate on each other?" she asked looking at you hesitantly. You two weren't necessarily close that it may have been fine even if your fragile friendship with her was cut.

"That's fine. See you around," you nodded at her then walked as fast as you could even though you knew she would end up by your side later at the classroom.

----------

As promised, you let your friends interrogate Chihiro. Of course first, you told them about the good news; you had to tell them many times to calm down after they heard it. You had to spend almost half of the lunch break just to make sure they're prepared for the worst. You weren't sure how they'll handle Chihiro and you haven't even told him about the meeting.

When you went to the rooftop with your friends, he didn't seem surprised. Or maybe he was, but his face was just too blank. At the moment, they were just having a staring contest which was childish, really. Aoi and Mayumi sat on one side and Chihiro on the other, while you were at the middle.

There were just four of you at the rooftop and some minutes have passed and none of them still spoke. Chihiro stared at them blankly while your two friends scrutinized him intently.

You sighed, "Are you guys just planning to stare at each other?"

"I am currently evaluating his looks," Mayumi replied. Aoi just nodded with crossed arms.

"What? You told me you'd like to talk to him not evaluate his looks," you frowned.

"Someone's quite territorial here~" Mayumi teased.