Chapter 2

"You're not very convincing, you know that?" you told him that lunch break on the roof top. You sat beside each other just a foot apart. You were too happy yesterday you forgot to tell your friends about the good news. Well, they'll surely understand. You haven't read his letter yet, though you've been itching to read it.

"What now?" he asked narrowing his eyes.

"You were so adamant yesterday yet I got your first entry this morning, excited much?" you replied smirking a little. Nothing much had changed between the two of you except now, you had labels.

"I'm sorry, I'll make sure to wait for a month before my next one then," he replied sarcastically eyes still fixed on his light novel.

"Oh come on! Make it a day!"

"A week," he said shifting closer to you until your arms were touching. "You were sitting too far, you know that?"

"It wasn't too far," you replied focusing on calming yourself down. There was a spark when your shoulders touch. There was something in the contact that you couldn't quite explain even though there were layers of cloth separating you.

"Yeah, yeah," he answered lazily.

You weren't able to calm down at all. You experimented a little and leaned your head against his shoulder, and waited for a snide remark. A second past, then two until a full minute past. But not even a single word came out from him. He just read silently, but you did notice that the turning of pages had slowed down. He must be reading a little slower then. Was he even reading at all?

The rest of the lunch break was spent in silence yet it was satisfying. You were satisfied to just be by his side even if no words would be spoken. At some point, the turning of the pages had stopped then you felt his head rest against yours. You were happy with all the contact; nothing too extravagant, but it was enough. It was just the start of your relationship, just that much was enough to send your heart racing. Well, that way might have been better or it might just creep you out if he started getting mushy all of a sudden.

You just thought about reading his letter later at your house.

------

You felt a little jumpy when you opened his letter. You were both a little excited and scared of whatever rude remarks he might have written. Steeling yourself for the worst, you started reading:

Mayuzumi Chihiro's Entry #1...

Never in my life would I have imagined that I would be writing something like this. I enjoy reading a lot; it's a good way to kill time after all. But not writing. Definitely not writing. No, never writing This certain girl just forced me to this. And that girl would surely have stubbornly insisted on this anyway even if I refuse, so I just saved us from a pointless argument(which she'll win anyway) and agreed. She told me to write about our first meeting onward, and I don't know where the hell to start.

Scratch that, I have an idea now.

Truth to be told, the first time I saw her wasn't when she was stupidly standing in front of the classroom door. I wouldn't really say 'meeting' because she didn't even notice me (not surprising at all, yeah?). I saw her walking in front of our house; she must have been on her way to school. That was the first time I saw a student from Rakuzan walk in front of my house. Was that the first time she walked on that route or was she simply absent the past few days? Or maybe we just kept on missing each other? I wasn't going to pay any more attention to her but then she almost tripped. I snickered silently, what a klutz.

I walked to school that day with her just a few steps ahead. She was completely oblivious to my presence; I'd be more surprised if she wasn't. One thing that was obvious about her? She was clumsy; bumping to almost every person she could bump then mutter a small apology. What a real klutz.

That girl and her friends were kinda loud; they were talking about that girl being separated from her friends and stuff. I really hate loud people. They're very damn annoying, like couldn't they at least control their volume? It's not like they're a hundred meters apart.

I would have walked past them if they weren't just taking up too much space because the three of them wanted to walk side by side. Couldn't they be a little considerate and leave some space for the people who doesn't want to walk behind them? Especially when they walk as if they're on the moon. Another type of people I hate: people who walk slowly.

What I didn't expect though, is that the clumsy girl is in my class. She must have been my seatmate who was absent these past few days then, I easily concluded that time. She looked like she was hesitant to enter the room, as if she was about to enter a den of lions instead of a completely boring classroom with a bunch of clothed chimps (because I wasn't inside yet, so they were all chimps) where you have to waste so much time to make the illusion that you're studying.

I thought for a moment whether I should help her with her internal struggle or just slip past her completely unnoticed. Well, I can try to be nice. Oh shit, that's not so me, but since she's blocking the doorway, maybe I'll just politely excuse myself?

I walked towards her until I was just behind. I thought for a moment what I should say; I don't usually talk to people. After thinking for a moment, I spoke.

"How long do you plan to stand here? It's getting annoying really." or something like that. Well, I tried to be nice. She almost jumped then turned to me. She looked up at me then guess what?

Haha, that's right, she stared at me.

Dumb was actually the first word that came to me (she had that dumbstruck look on her face after all)... then the word clumsy followed when I remembered about her unusual clumsiness.

She looked up at me in wonder. Was it because of my impossibly blank gaze? I am completely aware of that fact, but couldn't she at least be polite enough to pretend that it didn't bother her? I must admit, it was rather amusing to see her gape at me like that. So I smirked and her and asked her for how long did she plan to stare. She quickly averted her gaze that time then mumbled a very soft 'sorry'.

I may have found it amusing when she was gawking at me but she's still blocking my way so in the nicest way I could muster, I told her to step aside. (Though I might have told her that she's an annoying midget for who blocked the doorway or something along those lines. I can't remember exactly alright? Don't you dare complain, it's been months.)

Fortunately, she stepped aside while mumbling yet another apology, though it seemed like she didn't like being called 'a midget' because she started something that went like 'who did you call a--' but I didn't really hear it properly because I already went inside when she had stepped aside. She realized I wasn't there anymore when she was almost finished with her sentence; she also realized that some of our classmates were staring at her that 'Ah...' was the only thing she managed to say with that stupid look on her face.

Dumb and clumsy, sorry for the unromantic first impression, okay? Well, I'm not entirely sorry because you did tell me to be honest.

That's it for now. I know there's more but my hands already hurt, alright? I don't always write. Let's save your almost-tripping-because-you-did-not-notice for another entry. Well, don't hate me for this; you asked for it. Not that you could ever hate me...

You love me too much.