The Move

Josh POV

I'm finally back in Tennessee. All of my stuff is in the back of my truck and I'm headed back home. That was the best thing I could ever say right now. Home.
I'm only a few minutes away from the house I'm living in with Drew and Robert.
I pulled into the driveway and Drew came out from the house first. He threw a hug around me and helped me start moving boxes into the house. Then Robert came running down the stairs doing the same thing. He threw his arms around me and followed me out to the car to start grabbing more of my stuff.

Robert- "I missed you man! How have you been!?"
Josh- "I'm good I'm just so happy to be back. I missed you guys and my family. I was ready to get home."

We moved everything into the house and up the stairs to my room. They helped me unpack my stuff while we joked around and caught up. We visited each other in these 3 years a lot but we were used to seeing each other every day. So we talked for a long time before I finally laid on my bed exhausted from the drive.
They already knew about Peyton and that I went to go see Lauren. They understood it, that I didn't have a serious relationship with Peyton even though I was with her for about 5 months. I think they understood that I just needed someone so I didn't feel alone. They may not have understood why I went to go see Lauren but they never said anything.

Drew's POV

Having Josh back felt like old times again. Me, Josh and Robert always planned on being roommates one day and it's finally happening. After we finished helping him we went downstairs to let him rest. I knew that he was happy to be home too. He loved being close his family so that he could be there for them if they ever needed him. But I still don't know what's going on with him and Lauren.
I know a few years ago I wasn't super supportive about them being together. But while they were gonna me and Robert actually got to know Lauren a little better just from church and since we had mutual friends. Neither of us were into her like that, but we got to know that she was really sweet and genuine. But at the same time she destroyed him, she was the reason he left even if he still loved her.
But now he was back. But I didn't know if he was actually back. Or if he was just existing but not really emotionally present.

Josh's POV

I'm laying on my bed thinking about that day again. It's like flashbacks are overwhelming my mind right now.

3 years ago...
Josh- I'm so in love with you. Please don't do this.
Lauren- The problem is I don't think you are. You might love me but you're not in love with me. You've built your walls so high that you won't let me be close to you... I'm completely in love with you... But I can't be with someone who won't let me in when all I want is to know as much about you as you know about me.

Peyton's right. This is pathetic. It's been 3 years. I have to grow up. I have to move on. I've got to stop thinking about it now. I have to stop thinking about her. She was over me. I have to get that through my head.

I'm just going to go see my family. I haven't seen to them in a while and they are always doing something crazy, so they'll take my mind off of her. And Natalie is getting married soon and I haven't seen her since Derek (her boyfriend of a few years) proposed to her. Brittany and Alex were married to their husbands before I left but now they have kids. Which are all girls... No boys. I am forever going to be the only guy. But no matter what their adorable and I'm just ready to go see them. I'm so glad that I'm finally home.