XXV. The Rise of Solymicus

(Jace's POV)

She just stared at the ceiling as if she was lifeless.

"M-Mom!" I managed to say easing towards her while Lilliana panted covering her wound and the others stood in shock.

Then as I reached my arm to her, she hopped up and yelled "Oh how I've missed having a body."

"Who are you? Stand back!"

"Solymicus bows down to no one!" The demon screamed and disappeared.

"Where did it go?" Talian asked worried.

"Sis, this is freaking me out." Saphra said clinging on to Ciala.

"Guys, did that thing just say Solymicus?" Helena asked worried.

"What have I done?" Lilliana said backing towards the wall.

"Lilliana wait!" Talian said trying to approach her.

"Get away from me!" She screamed as she struck her Cone of Cold spell at him.

"Lilliana, I'm not going to hurt you." I said easing towards her.

"No, I could hurt you, Jace."

"I don't care." I said and I reached out my hand to her. "Take my hand, Lilliana."

"Wait, you don't hate me? I just made your mom one of the most deadly things in existence."

"But your my best friend, my family. Now take my hand, Solymicus will only get stronger the longer we wait."

Then she took my hand and said "Let's do this, together!"

So we walked out of Dust Town with our heads held high and entered the King's Chambers. We knew now that there was no going back now, but there's one thing for sure. We are taking down Solymicus, no matter what it takes.

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry for the kind of late update, but today is my birthday and I thought I'd give you a present. I hope you enjoyed the chapter, but it's the shortest one in the book :/ Have a great day and I know I will. Thanks!
~KurtDestin