Chapter 12 - Cilan & Gary vs The Twins!

Start from the beginning

"Damn! You're on your own Tristan, you may as well use it" Jake warned Tristan, who grinned.

"Don't worry, I have this in the bag" 

As soon as the smoke cleared, Tristan threw his fist forward, revealing his megastone. By now, Pansage and Umbreon had regrouped. 

"Absol, mega evolve!" Tristan said, causing his Absol to change. The bright light was blinding while Absol changed. As soon as the light faded, a new form of Absol, Mega Absol was now in place. "Giga impact!"

There was a moments silence, but the wind began to pick up. Absol took a step forward and then the beam shot down from the sky, exploding on the ground.

"Pansage, jump back quick!"

"Umbreon, watch out!"

Both Pokemon managed to move back just before any major damage. Tristan looked on, satisfied that his opponents were struggling to cope already with his Mega Absol.

"Absol, use ice beam!" Absol instantly shot out a huge beam of ice. The ice was like shards, crashing over Pansage and sending him backwards. Pansage stayed down on the floor for a moment, which left Umbreon to face Absol.

"Umbreon, quick attack, get in close!" Gary was planning in his head, noticing Pansage had gotten up. He had to hope that Pansage could use solar beam and that Cilan would make the right call. 

"Pansage, charge it up!" Cilan said, gesturing upwards to the sunlight. Pansage threw out his arms and moved them above his head, pointing it towards the sun and absorbing the energy. 

Umbreon continued to move around quickly, zig-zagging towards the waiting Mega Absol.

"Umbreon, use flash!" Gary shouted, much to Tristan's surprise. Umbreon stopped right in front of Absol and used flash, the light blinding Absol momentarily. 

"Pansage, solar beam, let it rip!" Cilan realized that Gary was hoping for this, their plan was working well. Pansage formed a sphere with his arms, taking a slight step back. Then, he threw his palms outwards, a yellow sphere shooting out of his hands like a massive laser. The yellow light smashed into the Mega Absol, but Mega Absol stood its ground, taking the hit.

"You seriously think you can defeat my Absol that easily?" Tristan scoffed. "I feel so offended. Absol, use future sight!" 

"Umbreon, quick attack once more!" Gary panicked for a moment, calling out the wrong move. Umbreon dashed forward and hit Absol, but nothing much happened. Gary gritted his teeth, wondering what to do next. He noticed how close Umbreon was and decided it was all or nothing. "Umbreon, shadow ball, nice and close!"

Before Umbreon could charge up his shadow ball, there was a voice from the shadows.

"Umbreon, use hypnosis" Parker stepped out, watching as his Umbreon incapacitated Gary's Umbreon. Just as that happened, Jake's Absol had woken up and it was now 3 on 1. "This is a game to collect tags, not a place for battling. Having more numbers just means we win and you lose, so hand over the tags before we hurt you"

"No chance" Cilan threw his arm out. "I will fight until you are all down and then some more after that!"

"Heh, you have guts I will give you that" Parker shook his head. "Well, I guess if you want it to be this way..."

"Absol, dream eater," Tristan said, gesturing to the sleeping Umbreon before them. Sure enough, dream eater caused great pain for Umbreon and he yelled out in his sleep, before completely fainting. Gary rushed over to check on his partner while Cilan faced off with the three in front of him. His mind was going so fast, what could he do? Should he run away? Cilan continued to stare, waiting for the battle to commence.

At the Pokemon Center, May, Miette and Iris were all staying there, to keep their 100 points safe. They had guaranteed themselves a place in the next round. 

"This was so easy, I wonder how the others are getting on," May said, checking out her one hundred points.

"I know right, they should be here soon I bet" Iris agreed. Miette stayed silent, having a bad feeling that something was going on. She looked out of the window, wondering when one of Ash's friends would walk through the door, or Ash.

Also, the others had finally recovered. Misty and Brock were fighting hard to catch up and Serena and Clemont were almost both on 100. They just each needed 15 more points, meaning one more trainer. There was still 30 minutes left for them to catch up, which meant everyone still had a shot of progressing to the next round.

But, it seemed that Team Shadow's goal wasn't to try and get 100 points and then leave. They were targeting Ash and his friends, trying to stop them from passing through to the next round. This was because Ash, who was under Team Shadow's control, had now collected 400 points in the 15 minutes he had spent wandering around the fields. This meant 4 of the five Team Shadow members could pass through to the next round, without thinking about their own points at all. Things were not looking good for Ash and his friends, but could they find a way out of this mess and make it to the next round, together?