Chasing Cars (43)

❀❃❀❃❀

chapter forty three

lies and notes

"I've always tried to grow celery but it never grows, I plant the seeds and they only die." I say to Elsa as we walk through her garden. The boys are in the deck chairs with the kids and Tom doesn't seem to stop craddling our kid and he insists on calling him Tom instead Alex now. It's funny to call the name Tom and catch the attention of my toddler and his father and sometimes I do it for the sake of having fun.

Tom is doing a good job as a father actually, they spend Sundays -or any other day when Tom is at home- playing or watching movies together and sometimes I wonder if these two remember I exist.

We had come to Australia and he had been giving interviews for three days. Since we were in Australia, we decided to visit the Hemsworths and they insisted that we had to stay at their place instead of the hotel. It had been lovely.

Things have changed during these past two years. I moved in with Tom a week after we finally talked about the baby and we've started a formal relationship ever since, which is rather fun, I still have my silly best friend with whom I stay late talking to, but now he's my boyfriend too and he was more than excited to let everyone know about the most important role he'd be playing for the rest of his life. The role of being a father.

We've attended a couple of gatherings and I've met many friends of him and I invited Lila to one of these gatherings with famous people and she made her best not to fangirl over them, and there's where she and Luke met, and something is going on there.

I'm still working at the museum but it's getting a little bit difficult since Tom comes from time to time to say hi every time the museum is crouded and people always notice him, I can do nothing but look at him signing pictures and try not to laugh at the are-there-security-guards look he gives me. Of course, the security guards are always there and that's why I enjoy the moment, otherwise I'd be panicking.

We returned to our chairs with the guys, they were talking about music.

"Having fun?" I asked to Tom who looked ridiculously dishevelled and my hand contributed to make his hair to look worse than it looked before I rubbed it. But I felt a little bit of guilt and I combed his curls with my fingers.

"Having fun." He repeated with a grin on his face and wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly at Tom when the conversation trailed off, "You're kind of away with the fairies today."

"A little bit tired, it's been a long week." He said and he set Alex -who's nearly three years old now- on the grass where his toys were, "I think I might take a nap later, will you join me?"

"Sure I will." I said and he took me by the hand. He looked at Alex -that now is Tom- and I looked at his face, he had dark circles under his eyes and that reddish beard was making its appearance. The
scratchy kisses were on their way for sure.

Chris and Elsa were talking in low voices and then Chris clapped his hands together and his voice rumbled into my ears even though I was like ten feet away from him.

"We should begin to prepare the food for the beach." He said. Our plans for that day with the Hemsworths, were to go to the beach and have a good time with the kids.

"A lot of food." Elsa said giving a look at Chris who smiled widely and I chuckled, since I know that the guys are very pleased when food is about, "You stay here, we've got this." She said and beckoned at me to follow her to the kitchen where we pulled out the ingredients we were going to need.