Chasing Cars (27)

❀❃❀❃❀

chapter twenty seven

hours, minutes and seconds

I heard the knock on the door and I quickly glanced at the alarm clock. 4:03am. I groaned and buried my face in the pillow again, but they were still knocking on the door, "Gosh, I'm sleeping!" I said as I walked out of the bedroom, "Ouch, my foot!" I stumbled upon a chair. I turned on the lights. Bad decision, the only thing I got was an instant headache, "God, it's too early." I muttered to myself and opened the door.

"Ready, darling?" I turned around and threw myself on the couch, "Get ready, you're going running with me." I heard Tom say.

"Did I enrol in the army or something?

"I told you that I always go running before work and you said you'd come to see the set." Did he? Oh, yes, he did.

"See the set." I repeated, that was the deal! Not jogging, running or whatever! "Toooom!" I whimpered, "I want to sleep." He grabbed my feet and tried to get me out of the couch.

"Ah, no. You'll have the whole experience. A day in the life of Tom Hiddleston. Now get ready."

"I don't have trainers or clothes to go running."

"You do now." He showed me the shoe box with the trainers inside, and a bag with clothes, "Get ready. I'll wait for you. I stood up and grabbed the stuff from his hands. As the streets were still closed, we ran in all that area and he showed me the set. It was only the closed streets with trailers, pieces of spaceships, crashed cars. But it was okay, no one else was in there.

"Wait for me, your legs are so frigging longer than mine!" I'm good at running, but not by mornings.

"Just imagine I'm a relic you have to restore!" He shouted back as he stopped running, but continued to jump up and down in the same place. I stopped running and panted, he was all sweaty and his cheeks were slightly red.

"But...you are a relic..." I said, touching my side, "Aren't you, Asgardian?" He chuckled, "Aaah!" I whimpered, "I haven't done this in ages."

"You should start doing it." He looked at his watch, "Alright, lets continue."

"What?!"

"I do forty five minutes of running, darling."

"Can we stop? I think it's enough with the first twenty minutes. Aren't you tired? I can't even feel my legs."

"Let's jog, then."

"Fine." I followed him. He'd turn to see me from time to time. God, my legs were barely moving compared to his.

"Come on, Oaks!" He said, but for some reason I heard that little kid's voice and the memory made me smile.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath as I stopped and threw myself to the ground. I was too tired.

"You okay?" I nodded.

"I'm okay, I'll watch you from here." He walked towards me and sat across from me, "Hello."

"Hello." He smirked, "We can leave now, we've got to take a cold shower, which will inhibit lactic muscle build up so you won't feel some burn after running and it will lessen the risk of muscle inflammation and pain caused by exercise."

"Are you lecturing me?" He smiled, "I already knew that, but to take that cold shower we need to-"

"Cool down."

"Yep.

"Okay, let's go." He stood up and offered his hand, I grabbed it and he helped me to stand up, I really needed help.