Chasing Cars (4)

❀❃❀❃❀

chapter four

big opportunities

Friday arrived and I didn't pay attention to my class. I was too busy thinking about the play. I wanted to go so badly and that kiss was still stuck into my head. As soon as the class ended, I ran to the theatre, but the play had already ended. People were applauding at the cast. I waited until the place was almost empty to go with Tom. He was talking to Diane.

"Right then, see you tomorrow." Tom said to her and then he saw me, "Oaks!" He said running towards me and hugging me.

"Hey!" I giggled, "You did it amazing!"

"You saw the play?!"

"No, but I'm sure you were amazing, and, I see that something's going on with Diane." I singsoned softly, "Good for you. Now tell me, did you guys kiss?" I inquired.

"We did, it took her by surprise."

"Now you ask her out." I said, smiling at him, "Actually, we're going out for dinner tomorrow. All thanks to you." He touched my chest with his finger.

"I have nothing to do with this, I just swallowed your saliva." I grimaced at my own comment, ew!

"I'll reward you with pudding." I smiled.

"Good idea, we can-" I was interrupted.

"Tom Hiddleston?" This woman asked and Tom and I glanced at each other. She offered her hand for a handshake, "I'm Lorraine Hamilton, and I'd like to talk to you for a moment, may I?"

"Um, yes, of course!" Tom said.

"See you later Tom." I said, "Please, excuse me." I walked away. I was going to wait for Tom but, they were going to talk for a long time, so I just went to my bedroom and finished my homework. Twenty past ten, and my phone buzzed. I stared at the diminute screen, compared to today's phones. It was Tom.

"Hey, I thought you dead." I said and heard him chuckling on the other end of the line.

"I thought I was going to die."

"Oh my God, you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay. Um, the woman who talked to me this afternoon, she was a talent agent of Hamilton Hodell..." I covered my mouth, "And, she told me that I have a bright future in acting and that, she'd be 'honoured' to introduce me into that world."

"OH MY GOODNESS! TOM!" I was literally, yelling, "This is amazing! I am so happy for you! You have to accept that offer, have you told your parents about this?"

"Yeah, I called them. That's why I'm calling at these hours, mum was very happy, oh God, sorry! Where you asleep?!"

"No, I was just finishing some stuff here." I threw a book onto the desk, "C'mon, we both know that we've started conversations at one in the morning and ended them at four in the morning." Tom chuckled.

"True. Oh, also called Sarah and Emma, both send their love to you and they asked me when are you going to visit them."

"Aww, I don't know when. School's getting rather stressing right now. But I'll visit them as soon as I leave this place."

"Okay, I'll tell them." I heard him yawning, obviously tired.

"Go to bed. You had a great day today. I'm very happy for you Hiddleston, you have to take this opportunity, you have to show them all that you were born to act." He chuckled, "And, were going to celebrate this."

"Ehehee, okay. Thanks for everything Nicole. Yeah, I'm off to bed, I'm knackered. I don't even know if I'm already asleep or what." I smiled, "We're not getting drunk."

"No, we won't get drunk you fool. Okay, night-night."

"Night-night." I hung up. I got in in my laptop and checked my email. I had been looking for a job and the British Museum was hiring young students to work as part-time guides. You've got to start with something, don't you? That was my opportunity and I was going to take it.

two months later

I just had gotten out of the shower and I was in the toilet rubbing the towel on my hair. I had to go to this interview at the museum. Although the interview was until eleven thirty I was getting ready early. I put on my trousers and my shoes. SincebI was alone, I walked around my room only wearing my bra, but then I regretted about it.

"Hey Oaks, you won't believe what just happened to me- OH MY GOD!" Tom popped up all of a sudden making me scream from the top of my lungs and throwing him a soap which hit him in the face and he cried in pain.

"YOU FREAK, WHAT THE HELL!?" I wrapped myself with a towel. Tom was still there, but this time, his hands covered his eyes innocently, "HOW DID YOU GET INTO MY ROOM?!"

"You silly, you left the key in the door, God, Nic, that hurt." He huffed.

"What?!" I walked past him and looked for a blouse. Gosh, I bet I looked like a tomato, he just saw me in my bra!

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"NO! I'm not, ready yet!"

"Okay." He paced around the room with his hands still over his eyes, "Why are you taking so long? You just have to put a blouse on." He said and I sighed.

"You can open your eyes now."

"I'm so sorry. I swear to God, I didn't see anything-" I interrupted him.

"Just, let's forget that this happened. Sorry for the soap thing, you okay?" He nodded as he rubbed his cheek where the soap hit him, "I'm sorry." I walked towards him and touched his cheek. What if the soap hit his eye? Oh, goodness. I made my way to the small kitchen and took a cold bottle of soda from the fridge, "Here. Put this on your cheek." I cleared my throat, and "What is it that you want to tell me?" I sat in the bed.

"Oh, yes." He sat beside me, "You won't believe me this, I have got a role in a TV film." He said.

"You're joking." He shook his head and grinned. Gosh, his hair was a mess that day, "Oh, congratulations then!" I hugged him, "How's it called?"

"The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby."

"Ooh, interesting."

"And where are you going?" He asked and I checked the time.

"Oh dear!" I stood up and grabbed my bag, "I'm going to the Museum, and if I don't leave now, I'll be late, terribly late! I'm sorry, I have to go, um, see you later." I left my room and shut the door, but opened it again to tease him, "Careful with the fans when you leave, okay?" I said and he only smiled at me.

❀❃❀❃❀

I hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading once again. Remember to comment vote and please spread the word! See you soon? ❤

Love, Liz.