Blood Bag

Lara's feral rage was full of pain, she voiced it when the woman sped up to cut across the road. Lara kicked off her dancing shoes with added anger, they would never survive the muddy rut. She was closing the space between her thirst and the fleeing blood bag though.

The blood bag could hear her, of course, and was digging into her purse. She slowed. Suddenly stopped, and turned with a pistol in hand. Two shots wizzed through the air, then Lara roared with pain as bullets, one after another after another punctured her already screaming torso, left arm and thigh.

She threw herself the remaining distance striking the blood bag down and rolling past her into the woods. The woman kept her head enough to keep firing, all wide of the low target crawling forward, till the gun snapped empty. Before her meal scrambled to her feet, Lara was on the prey tearing into her throat.

The blood pulsed into Lara's mouth, covering her tongue with its bitter sweet tang. The most wonderful nectar of life flowing in, continuing the healing. But Lara had promised pain. And she liked to keep her promises.

****

Her neck felt like her jugular had been ripped away, but part had to remain for the white eyes to chew and chew and chew. Striking her attackers ears, slamming fists into ribs, knees to kick, knees to dislodge were all ineffectual. Kylie's struggles brought stronger hands slamming her arms splayed out in the wet rotting leaves.

The white eyes came up and a snarl came out of the bloody fanged mouth. Her own blood dripped onto Kylie's face. They weren't white eyes, they were vampires. The reason the Man in Black walked away after she shot him was because he was a vampire. It all clicked into place as this female wiped a hand across her bloody face and licked it, releasing both Kylie's arms as she did so.

Kylie pressed her own hand to her neck which hardly hurt at all. It made no sense. She tried to scoot back from the female whose hand flashed out to clutch Kylie's ankle and drag her back.

"I promised you pain. Blood bag, and you're going to have a lot of it."

Kylie turned over to scramble away and her coat was ripped away and then her turtleneck.

"Arms next," the vampire said yanking one arm up to bite.

Kylie pulled and dug in with her feet to haul herself away as the vampire sank her teeth into the soft flesh over and over and over again. Biting, tearing sucking. Biting tearing sucking. Kylie's screams rent the night and the one person close enough to hear them chose to ignore.