Chapter 28

~~Nikita's POV.

"Why are we here?" Aunt sophie would ask, but I would just postpone the answer.

So here we were..

In the middle of a crowded, yet classy restaurant.

Where, I had planned to have this family discussion. Why a public place you ask? Well, so there are no.. umm.. 'scenes' created.

"Good evening." A teen about my age greeted us smiling. "Im Autumn. I'll be your waitress tonight; here are your menus. You may call me when you're ready to order." She chirped and left.

I held up the menu in front of my face, eyes hovering over the card, but my mind somewhere else. How would I do this. This is more difficult than i thought. But what hurts most is that, that person, didnt tell us. Maybe they thought we would judge them.

Okay, so you must be thinking, what in the actual world is this girl blabbering on and on about. What secret?

*sigh*

So deal is that, one of the members of my very nuclear family is....

"and you?" someone asked, I looked up and saw three pairs of eyes blankly looking to my face.

" I will have some white sauce pasta, thank you." I quickly tried to cover up my pacing out.

Autumn took away our menus and I went back into my thoughts.

One of the members of our family was.. uhh, homosexual. And that one member was.

My brother.

Yes.

Tanner. Well I guess he was always a little girly, I shrugged and aunt sophie and Tanner looked at me like I was crazy.

I had to handle this situation very classily. I was going to tell him its okay even if he's gay, you know, he would always be my awesome elder brother.

"Well, well, well." I said smoothly, feeling like the god father. "Time for some confessions."

Both of them stared at me blankly; but I continued.

"So Ive heard, one of us at this table is a vegetarian lion?"

they gave me the 'wut?' look. "You're the only vegetarian on this table." Autn sophie raised an eyebrow.

I rephrased my sentence, "A person who's got his riding boots switched sits amongst us at this table."

"You're the only person near a cowboy." Tanner took a sip of his drink. "There's a person who sits amongst us, and is talking stuff that doesnt make sense." He said in a hushed tone. but I heard him.

"Confessions!" I knocked my fist on the table. Only a little too hard. The glass of water almost lost its contents and Aunt Sophie gave me a killer look.

"What confessions?" my 'innocent' brother asked.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about" I said, ditching the southern accent.

"Um...no I don't" he replied back.

I looked towards Aunt Sophie expectantly. She just raised one of her eyebrows quizzically.

"Well" I said.

"What?" she asked me.

I pointed towards Tanner.

"He. Needs. To. Con-f-ess." I announced.

"Con-f-ess what?" Tanner genuinely sounded annoyed.

It is then that the starters (honey chilly potato and spring rolls) came to our table. Of couse, we did not pay much attention.