Chapter 20:Say Yes

A/N- The video ☝🏾️there is B5 say yes. Omg I got inspired by this song 🔥😍👏🏾🙌
~2 months later~
Mike's POV
*I had just got out of the hospital and I have to wear casts on both of my legs until they heal. I also have some wire in my mouth because of my dislocated jaw. There's stitches in my left hand where it was cut at. I can drive but I have to walk with crutches. I got in my car and headed towards Kai's house. I pulled up outside and hobbled to the door. I rung the doorbell and waited as she opened the door. She opened the door looking as beautiful as ever. Her hair was down and she had a certain sparkle in her eyes.*
Convo-
Her- hi mike how can I help you?
Me- well I came to see MJ I know his birthday is coming up
Her- actually you're wrong his birthday was 2 months ago you would've known that if you were more involved in his life
Me- I'm sorry but can I at least see him?
Her- I guess I won't stop him from seeing you but where's Melissa? Shouldn't she be with you?
Me- no I left her at home but let's not talk about her
Her- fine come in but don't touch nothing. Let me go and get MJ
*I walked inside the house and waited as she went upstairs to get MJ. She came back downstairs with MJ and handed him to me. He started crying and I tried to calm him down but he wouldn't stop. Kai grabbed him from me and he immediately stopped crying.*
Convo-
Me- that's not even right
Her- what do you expect he doesn't know you like that. You were around him for about 3 months after he was born but then you left.
Me- I'm sorry Kai but I miss you don't you miss me? Remember all those times that we shared together?
Her- no I don't miss you all you have caused me is pain. The only good thing that came out of our relationship is our son MJ. But we're not having this conversation anymore
Me- ok so does he call Dwayne daddy?
Her- why does that matter?
Me- it just does so tell me
Dwayne- FYI he does since you didn't want to step up and be a father to him I took the responsibility of it.
Me- dawg I wasn't talking to you I was talking to Kai
Him- dude you're in my house I can say what I want too
Me- man whatever
Kai- Mike you need to leave
Me- okay I'll leave
*I hobbled out of the house and got in my car. I headed to Evan's house and pulled up outside. I knocked on the door and Stephanie answered it. She let me in and I headed to the den where Evan had his leg elevated and playing 2k16 on PlayStation 4. He paused the game when he saw me come in.*
Convo-
Him- What the hell are you doing here Mike?
Me- man chill out I needed to talk to somebody and your house was the closest
Him- nigga you live a hour away from me so how am I close to you? The only way I'm close to you is if you were at Kai's house
Me- fine you got me I just came from Kai's house
Him- why were you there?
Me- I was going to see MJ and spend time with him but it didn't work out like that
Him- why what happened?
Me- MJ cried when I got him and her nigga coming out claiming that MJ calls him daddy and all that bullshit. It pissed me off and Kai didn't say anything about it.
Him- well nigga what do you expect? MJ doesn't know you like that and Dwayne taking your responsibility since you didn't do it. Ever since Melissa got pregnant you've been all up her ass not giving a damn about Kai or MJ. How do you think Kai felt? You're a selfish ass motherfucker and you wonder why shit keeps happening to you this is why. You didn't do right by your fiancé nor your son
Me- man whose side are you on?
Him- definitely not yours. You need to get your shit together bro. Fooling with you now I have a broken leg and limited mobility in my right arm.
Me- man whatever I aint trying to hear this I'm leaving
Him- aight bye
*I left his house and headed to Popeyes. I picked up two 4 piece tender meals for me and Melissa. Then I headed home.*
Dwayne's POV
*After Mike left I checked on MJ and Kai. I took MJ back upstairs to his playroom and then I went back downstairs to see Kai sitting on the couch lightly crying.*
Convo-
Me- baby why are you crying?
Her- tbh I don't even know I guess I just had a moment of realization when Mike came by. But I'm okay
Me- are you sure?
Her- yeah I'm okay but I have to tell you something
Me- what is it?
Her- I'm pregnant
Me- are you serious we're about to have a baby?
Her- yes I'm serious
Me- well how far along are you?
Her- I'm 2 1/2 months
Me- wow how didn't I figure this out? I noticed that your hips and thighs were spreading last time we had sex but I didn't think anything about it. But now it makes sense. I'm excited have you seen your OBGYN?
Her- I'll see her again in a month and a half to figure out what I'm having
Me- ok well give me the date and I'll make sure to be there.
Her- of course baby I love you
Me- I love you too now let's go
Her- where we going?
Me- upstairs so I can show you how much I love you
Her- ooh nasty boy but I like it lets go
*I picked her up and carried her upstairs to our room. I laid her on the bed as I kissed her lips. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I pulled off her dress. I dug my head into her neck creating hickies all over as she fumbled with my belt. She flipped us over so she was on top and ripped my shirt off. She felt me up as she took off my belt and jeans. I pulled her close to me as I unhooked her bra. Then I pulled her panties off and started fingering her. "Stop teasing me just give me the real thing." She moaned. "You sure?" I asked. "Yes I'm sure give me what I want." She said. "Alright whatever you say." I said. She pulled off my boxers and my dick was standing at attention waiting on her. She looked scared when she saw my fully grown manhood. "Don't look scared now you wanted this dick so here he is." I said. "I'm not scared just it seems like you've grown a lil bit." She said. "Ok well ride me and see." I said. She sat on my dick and started riding me. She started out slow then sped up. The faster she went the more I felt like I was about to cum. "Babe slow down or I'm gonna cum too soon." I said. She slowed down like I said but that didn't stop me from cumming too soon. I came inside her then I made her lie on her back as I penetrated her. She arched her back and started clawing at my back. I pumped in and out of her as she moaned my name out loud. The only sounds that could be heard was our skin clapping together and our moans and groans. "Baby go deeper please." She said. I went deeper as she dug her nails deeper into my back. "Fuck babe ease up on the nails a lil bit." I said. "Sorry baby." She says. I pulled out of her and placed her on my shoulders. I kissed her and fingered her as she began to cum on my fingers. I put her down and removed my fingers and replaced them with my tongue. I licked all of her juices up. "Oh fuck baby I love you so much." She said. "I love you too." I said. After we finished I got up and kissed her then we went to go take a shower. Once we finished in the shower I went into MJ's room and checked on him. He was sleep on the floor so I picked him up and put him in his bed and covered him up in blankets. Then I went back into my room and took a nap with Kai.*
Melissa's POV
*I was putting my daughter Michaela down for her daily nap when Mike walked through the door with some food. After I put her down I went into the kitchen and saw him in there drinking some water.*
Convo-
Me- so where were you?
Him- I went by Kai's house and Evan's house then I stopped by Popeyes before I got here
Me- why were you at Kai's house? I told you that I didn't want you anywhere near her
Him- man cut it out with all that I can see Kai whenever I want too plus if you must know I went to go and see my son MJ if that makes you feel any better
Me- so you can go and see him but not be here for our daughter?
Him- man shut the hell up. You act like we don't live together. Damn I see you and my daughter everyday I haven't seen MJ since that get together at the park. Plus I pay the damn bills here not you so quit acting like you own me. I swear you act like a spoiled brat at times
Me- I'm not a spoiled brat and all I want to do is spend time with you
Him- I spend time with you when I'm not working but damn let me breathe. And just for the record if I want to see MJ then I don't need your permission. You know sometimes I think that you're jealous of Kai
Me- how can you say that to me?
Him- you know it's true just admit it
Me- fine it's true I am jealous of her. She still has a hold on you somehow and sometimes I think you want her back. You act like I disgust you at times. Is she the reason why you won't marry me?
Him- what do you expect Kai had my first child and of course they're gonna have a special place in my heart whether we're together or not. And yeah you're right sometimes I want to get her back and my son but I screwed up. Imma always love Kai besides she was my very first true love.
Me-so do you love me at all?
Him- I have love for you but I'm not in love with you at least not yet
Me(cries)- I can never be her. I can't replace her. You love her so much more than me *walks upstairs to get my purse and my daughter.*
Him- where are you going? *follows me upstairs.*
Me- why do you care? You don't love me!
Him- damn it Melissa I do love you I just have a hard time showing it because I still feel bad about what we did to Kai. And to answer your question I will marry you someday and do right by you and our daughter. Just don't leave me I need you.
Me- fine I'll stay but how about we go to couples counseling? Because I want us to work out
Him- whatever you want I'll go. I love you baby and I'm sorry
Me- I love you too and I'm sorry for acting crazy
Stephanie's POV
*After Mike left I went into the den where Evan was and sat down.*
Convo-
Me- babe I'm proud of you
Him- why?
Me- because you're starting to grow up I heard your conversation with Mike and you told him the right thing
Him- thank you but I wanna apologize to you
Me- for what?
Him- for what I did in the past involving Kai and Mike. And also for not being loyal to you I'm sorry. I appreciate everything you've done for me. I love you
Me- I know it took a lot for you to say that so thank you and I love you too
Layla's POV
*Deja and I were baking cookies when the phone rang. I picked up the phone and answered it.*
Convo-
Me- hello
Automated Voice- you have a collect call from Washington State Prison do you accept the charges?
Me- yes
Automated- thank you
Derek- hey babe
Me- hi baby how are you?
Him- I'm okay but I miss you and Deja like crazy
Me- we miss you too hold on a second Deja wants to talk to you
Him- okay give her the phone
*I handed the phone to Deja while I checked on the cookies. They were done so I pulled them out and let them cool while Deja talked to Derek. A few minutes later she handed the phone back to me.*
Derek- how are you and my son doing?
Me- we're good except for he kicks a lot. I'm almost close to my due date
Him- I really don't want to miss the birth of our son
Me- I don't want you to miss it either tell you what I'll get in contact with the warden and see if he'll let you get out when I go into labor
Him- okay I gotta go but I love you and I'll see you soon
Me- I love you too
*The phone timed out and he hung up. As soon as I got off the phone our unborn son Dante started kicking.*
Convo-
Deja- mommy?
Me- yes baby?
Her- will I ever see daddy again?
Me- yes as a matter of fact we're going to see him soon how about that?
Her- yay! I'm happy now can I have a cookie please?
Me- yes since you've been a good girl you can have one
Her- yay! Thank you mommy
Me- you're welcome sweetie
Chelsea's POV
*Kai and Dwayne let me have Damien for the day so CJ would have someone to play with. First we went to the arcade, then to the park, and then out to lunch at Dairy Queen. I got CJ and Damien a tender kids meal along with two chocolate sundaes. After we ate I took them back to my house so they could tire themselves out before I dropped Damien back off at Kai's house. When I got home I checked the mail and I saw a letter in there from Daniel. I opened it up and read it. It said: Chelsea baby girl I miss you. I miss CJ and Damien too. Sorry I haven't called in a while. My whole cell block is on lockdown because there is a big tuberculosis outbreak out here. Before you ask I'm fine. One of the guards gave it to the inmates so it's been around for a while. But enough about me how are you? I hope you're doing well and did you see what I left in my car and your dresser? If not then you should probably go look after you finish this letter. Keep your head up baby girl I'll talk to you soon. -Love Always Daniel. After I finished the letter I shed a tear and went to my room and looked in the dresser. There was a brown envelope sitting on top. I picked it up but it was heavy. So I opened it and wads of money came out along with a note. The note said: Before you ask how much this is. It's $250,000. This is to help you out while I'm gone. Oh and there's also more money in my Audi it's just twice as much as there is in this envelope. P.O.P Hol it down -Your Lover Daniel. I put all the money back into the envelope and placed it back in the dresser until I go to the bank. Then I went outside to the Audi and got the other envelope and put it with the other one. After the money was secure and put away I got Damien and CJ in the car and took Damien back home to Kai and Dwayne. Then CJ and I came back home.*
~3 weeks later~
Dwayne's POV
*Since it's almost a new year I thought that the best New Years present that I can give to Kai is proposing to her on New Years Eve. So I called up my homie Gabe and let him know about the plan while she was upstairs asleep.*
Convo-
Him- hello
Me- what's up Gabe
Him- nothing much you?
Me- same old same old but I need your help with something
Him- aight what you need?
Me- I need you to go with me to help pick out an engagement ring for Kai
Him- alright bro I got you
Me- oh and can you tell Terri to get Kai out of the house at least until this afternoon?
Him- yeah I'll tell her
Me- alright bro thank you I'll be over in a little bit
*I hung up the phone and headed upstairs to get dressed. I put on my red Chicago bulls sweatshirt and some dark blue jeans with my bred 11s. As I was in the bathroom washing up and brushing my teeth Kai woke up and came in there.*
Convo-
Her- where are you going babe?
Me- I'm going to hang out with Gabe today is that cool?
Her- yeah that's fine but can you take MJ with you because he desperately needs a haircut and I feel more comfortable with you taking him than myself?
Me- yeah I'll take him but what's so wrong with you taking him?
Her- once the barber starts cutting MJ's hair I know that he's gonna start crying making me want to get him out of the chair and bring him home so it's better for you to do that plus you're a guy so it's much easier for you
Me- okay that makes sense
*I kissed her then I went into MJ's room and got him ready. I dressed him up similar to me except he had on a Chicago Bulls hoodie instead of a sweatshirt. Then we got into my all white Mustang GT and headed towards Gabe's house. I pulled up outside the house and got out the car. MJ wanted to ring the doorbell so I picked him up and let him ring the doorbell. A few seconds later Terri opened the door and let us in.*
Convo-
Her- hey Dwayne how are you?
Me- I'm good how are you?
Her- I'm good thanks for asking but how is Kai?
Me- she's good but look I need a favor from you?
Her- ok what is it?
Me- don't tell her but me and Gabe are going to find her an engagement ring so I need you to keep her occupied at least until this afternoon
Her- ok I got it covered but are you proposing tonight?
Me- no I'm not proposing until New Years Eve at the party plus that gives me enough time to get her family here and all that
Her- ok that's a great idea but don't invite Kai's uncle on her dads side
Me- why not?
Her- I can't tell you why but just don't invite him. He's bad news
Me- ok thanks for the heads up
*Gabe came downstairs and we headed out to the barbershop first. When MJ got in the chair he didn't cry surprisingly and let my barber Tim cut his hair without any problems. After we left the barbershop we headed to Zales. I looked and looked but none of the rings just stood out and said Kai to me. So next we headed to Kay Jewelers. They had some pretty rings and all but nothing stood out. Next we headed to Jared. I finally found the ring I wanted (pic up there). It was a 14k white gold ring. It was beautiful and it stood out to me. It's perfect for Kai. The sales associate gave me a deal on the ring if I bought a necklace too(pic up there) so I bought both of them. It was buy one get one half off. The necklace was a $1,000 and the ring was half off so $2,500 so I spent $3,500 on my baby and I felt good about it. After we left Jared I thanked Gabe and dropped him off at home. Then I went home and set the house up for Kai. I ran her a bath and lit some candles along with some incense. I also put flower petals in our bedroom leading to the bathroom. I also ordered some of her favorite strawberry cheesecake. So I cut a slice of it and sat it in the fridge to stay cool until she got back home.*
Terri's POV
*After Gabe and Dwayne left I called Kai and asked her to meet up with me.*
Convo-
Her- hello
Me- hey girl how are you?
Her- I'm good wbu?
Me- I'm pretty good so what you got planned for today?
Her- nothing much why?
Me- I was thinking that we should have a girls day out
Her- last time we had a girls day out my car was full of shopping bags and we went to the club
Me- so is that a yes or no?
Her- it's yes I'll meet you at your house
Me- alright see you in a few
*After I got off of the phone with her I got dressed and then I got Luca dressed. About 20 minutes later she shows up with Damien and we headed out. We went to the store called shoe show. They had tons of shoes. I bought 3 pairs of stilettos and so did Kai. After we left there we headed to the NIKE Outlet and Kai bought Damien a couple  pairs of shoes and some socks. Then we headed out to Chili's for lunch. While we waited for our food we talked.*
Convo-
Me- so girl how have you been?
Her- I'm okay but I have something to tell you
Me- what is it?
Her- I'm pregnant again
Me- awe I'm so happy for you how far along?
Her- 3 1/2 months and guess who showed up at my doorstep a couple of weeks ago?
Me- who girl?
Her- mike
Me- what did he want?
Her- he was like I'm here to see MJ and give him his birthday present so I told him that MJ's birthday was over 3 months ago. Then I brought MJ down so he could see him but he cried once Mike got him. MJ wouldn't stop crying so I picked him up and he stopped. Then Mike was like that's not fair. I'm like what do you expect he barely knows you and all that
Me- what did he say?
Her- he was like does MJ call Dwayne daddy? Before I could answer Dwayne answered for me and told him that MJ does call him daddy since Mike isn't there taking responsibility for MJ
Me- and what did Mike do?
Her- well they started arguing but I made Mike leave before it got out of hand
Me- whoa that's crazy
*At that time our food came. We ate and then we went to the nail salon to pass time. I got my nails did and my eyebrows waxed. Kai got her eyebrows done and her nails did. After we finished there she dropped me back off at my house and then she left.*
Kai's POV
*I had just gotten home from being with Terri all day. When I walked inside I heard soft music playing from upstairs. So I put Damien in his room and headed to my room. Dwayne was standing there holding a glass of wine.*
Convo-
Me- babe what's all this?
Him- I just wanted to do something special for you. So I ran you a bath and lit some candles and incense plus played your favorite slow jams playlist
Me- awe baby that's so sweet thank you
Him- ok now get in while the water is still warm I'll brb I have a surprise for you
Me- okay
*I undressed and got into the tub. It was so soothing and relaxing. As I was getting comfortable Dwayne came back with a slice of strawberry cheesecake and a small box.*
Me- awe you have cheesecake give me a piece please?
Him- *fed me a piece of the cake*
Me- baby that's good so what's in the box?
Him- well I was out and about today and picked you up something so open it I'm sure you're gonna love it
*He handed me the box. I opened it and inside was this beautiful necklace.*
Me- awe babe it's beautiful what's the occasion?
Him- nothing I just wanted to do something special for you
Me- well thank you I love it
Him- I'm glad you love it oh and MJ didn't cry when he got his haircut
Me- well that's good
~3 1/2 weeks later~
*Its New Years Eve and Dwayne and I are throwing a party. We invited both sides of our families and friends. The party was being held at Club Onyx. We rented out Club Onyx for tonight. Currently Dwayne and I are getting ready. Since we're the hosts of this party we had to look the best. I put on a black loose fitting dress along with my red stilettos. Dwayne put on a red button down shirt with some black dress pants and red loafers. I can't lie my baby looked good 😍. We finally finished getting ready and headed to the club.*
Dwayne's POV
*Kai and I just arrived at the club. We parted ways and went to mingle with our guests. After I mingled a lil bit I grabbed the mic and called Kai up to the stage.*
Convo-
Me- can I get everyone's attention please?
Them- yes?
Me- i have an announcement first off thank you all for coming to this party tonight it really means a lot but can the lovely Ms Kyra Jackson come to the stage please?
*She walks up to the stage and stands in front of me.*
Her- uh babe what's going on?
Me- baby we've been dating for almost a year and it has been the best time of my life. When we first met you were broken up and all over the place. But you let me in your heart and I was able to find out who you were on the inside. A lovable and beautiful young woman. We've been through a lot together and I thank God for bringing us together. You're now carrying our child and I want to say I love you forever and a day. You're the love of my life and I cannot live without you. *gets down on one knee* Kyra Deshawn Jackson will you make me the happiest man alive by marrying me?
Her- yes I will
Me- really!
*I placed the ring on her left finger and picked her up and kissed her while spinning her around.