16.

Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
The one week October half term whizzes by,barely giving us anytime to catch up on our Year 11 revision and catch up for our Coursework.
Charlotte and I set goals and by Friday, we've studied our way through text books, made posters and flash cards and caught up on any old coursework we hadn't done. Leaving us Friday night and Saturday night.
Friday 30th October was last night. The two of us curled up and watch Ron-coms where the girl would defeat the ex boyfriend with her overpowering femenism. This gives us the giggles all night and she stays over until Saturday.
Us laying flat next to other, just as we've always done for years.

The Hallowe'en morning whizzes by unexpectedly fast, with the two of us venturing around town to see all sorts of scary amusements. We watch the annual Ghost Train fly by, with cobwebs hanging from the windows and several paint-faced staff onboard making ghost sounds whilst casting out little packages with fortune cookies and hallowe'en treats inside.

Gingerly,whilst wrapped up warm and snug in my sweater, I lift one package gently from the piles of fallen leaves. Char indulges in her treats almost instantly while I take a moment to crack apart my fortune cookie and pull the message out of it.

Out of nowhere, a giant gush of late autumn wind ravels around me, tearing up the peaceful leaves from the ground and whirling around us two. It lifts both of our hair up and we smile, but then another giant gust comes out of nowhere, and with my loose footing, I trip mid-air, lose grasp of the little message from inside my fortune cookie. Its flutters away in the wind and I chase it down the train platform as it dances to and fro in the wintry air. I see it at a reachable distance, and take a sharp intake of breath, before leaping for it.

I successfully get a hold of it but lose my balance on the edge of the train platform. My arms windmill as I fall back onto the lower-down train tracks, with Char screaming. I panic as the sounds of a fast approaching train ring through my ears. Help. I break into a cold sweat as I take a mini glance to my right, where a huge freightliner train rushing towards me. Its about 20 meters away. Char reaches down and grasps a hold f me,screaming ad screaming for help as I try and haul myself up the three metre platform. I know this won't work. I know this is the end. Just as she's pulling me up and I can literally feel the train hitting me, I squeeze my eyes shut and a masculine grasp with ten times the power in Char grabs me and instantaneously pulls me up and out of the hell-hole; just as the train zooms by.

While my eyes are still squeezed close in absolute terror, I'm lifted off my feet and being squeezed to my saviors chest while Char, crying next to me and holding my hand and telling someone else what happened.

When I finally have the courage to open my eyes I'm a little shocked.

Im met by a boy with a skull-painted face. I look around me and notice Char, who is red and shiny with tears. Shes in the arms of a tall, skull-faced boy aswell. That's when I realise i'm surrounded by six or seven boys with skull painted faces and baseball bats. Terror runs through me and I turn back to the so-called savior and calculate why he saved. Well firstly, who on earth he was...

But then it comes to me. Tall, honey-brown eyes framed by dark,swooping lashes, dark brown hair and that smell...

I shut my eyes in absolute humiliation and the boys around me start laughing, a nervous yet relieved peal.

Danny hugs me closer to his chest and Char pulls me out of his arms,planting kiss after kiss on my cheek and talking rapidly to herself.

Surprisingly, Danny's friends don't comment on how he saved me, on the way he looks at me, the way his hand is still in mine.

A few thump him on the back, giving the odd "Well done bro".
The others praise me for my somewhat "magical" return-from-the-dead saga and some of the immature boys reenact their own interpretation of the previous scenes.

As they listlessly ramble on and on, I steal a glance towards the little white note encased in my sweaty palms. The note reads:
Love is coming your way,
But do be careful and mind what you say
For you never know what may occur
And finish it all at the end of the day
My heart thumps against my chest as Danny pulls me to his chest and I ponder on how I'll avoid my fate for tonight.
I will not let this depict how our relationship ends.