12- Love at Last Light

It was sunset. I watched with an unwavering gaze, as a fiery red orb of light slowly sank beneath the horizon marked out my sharp skyscrapers, and threads of light lingered in the sky, mingling with the rolling clouds, dyeing the heavens first orange, then red, then dark blue, until all that was left of the sunset was a chalky mauve, and then that melted away in turn as stygian darkness took over the sky. Eventually, sequin-silver stars like the glowing embers of a dying fire winked down at me, illuminating the atramentous curtain of sky, and then suddenly the clouds parted, and I found myself looking at a lustrous, argent disc casting brilliant rays of moonlight onto the dark grounds...

Me and Danny sat there, surrounded by nothing but the delicate protection of glass over the city.
We watched that great orb of glory sink slowly against the far off Peak District Hills, casting out its last array of autumnal oranges before finally breathing out one last time and leaving the two of us in a completely black,glass floored and wallked room.
We lay on our backs,nearby one another to avoid the stealthy cold surrounding us, and just gaze upwards. Entranced, savouring, happy.
His hand snakes into mine and its warm,yet slightly sticky.
There lying next to him everting felt complete. For I knew this was right.
Time seems to slow down as the two of us slowly turn to face each other , under the twinkling stars.

The sky dancers not-so-far above the two faces look down admiringly at the two star-cross'd lovers , bestowing and wishing the beat of luck, horoscopes and Cupid's Arrow upon them.

And with that Danny and I stand up in utter silence. The room is filled with an amazing tension only acquired by years of infatuation, which we magically accomplished in a few days of being together. The faint sound of late night traffic below begins to bring life back to a movement,dezpit us having been trapped in our own space and time for a monent. I take one last look at the beautiful sky-lit city,before following Danny out of the way we came in and down to the reception.