Coming Face To Face. •4•

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Aden." Marise greeted.

"Hey guys. How was the weekend?" I asked.

"Good. Hey, where's Baylor? Have you seen him? I mean, you usually give him a ride in the morning." Sam said.

"Oh, yea. We got into a small fight and it slipped my mind to pick him up. His mom is off though, so he'll be here soon. Besides, Paul's in the hospital. He fell off the ladder last night. He's okay. Just a little bruised," I told my group of friends.

"Speak of the devil. There he is now." Lucie said, pointing to Baylor who was getting out of the car.

"So what was it that you two fought about?" Marise asked.

I sighed, "He got pissy because I wouldn't take the blame for him."

They nodded but didn't say anything. Probably a good thing because Baylor was just now joining the group.

"Hey guys. Sorry, I had my mom drop me off. My dad's in the hospital and she's going to see him." Baylor greeted.

"We know. Aden just told us. Sorry to hear about that." Sam said.

Baylor looked at me. "Seriously? Now you're telling them my personal life?"

I held up my hands, "Woah. Calm down. I figured it wasn't a big deal if I told them. I mean, we all know your dad."

He scoffed, "Whatever. I'll see you guys later."

We all stared at him as he stalked off.

"Damn." Marise said.

"Damn is right. What the hell is his problem?" Sam asked.

Lucie nodded in agreement. I shook my head.

"Let's get to class before were late." I gave them a glance before walking to my locker.

"Oh my god. Traci, have you seen the new kid yet? He's so hot."

"Oh my god, yes! He's so hot. I wonder if he has a girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes at their conversation as I put my combination in. Why do girls always have so much drama and gossip? Like, seriously, how does someone have that much to talk about? And who is this supposedly new hot kid? I want to see him now.

Shutting my locker, I switched my books to my left hand and started walking to my first class.

"Hey! Watch it!" Somebody yelled as I accidentally ran into them, my books falling to the ground.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to!" I said and bent down to retrieve my books along with a few of whoever's I ran into.

Obviously a guy, the voice was deep.

And heavenly... My brain added.

Shut up...

He sighed, "Sorry, it's been a rough morning. I was late getting up and getting to school. Then the administration lady took forever and I couldn't find my locker. And now I'm late to class."