24: Off Questing

<<Whoops sorry for the late update. It was examination week and I had to do some internet stuff soooo... Anyway, this is Rakutsu's POV>>

"Wait... questing? Seriously?" I said, but deep inside, I could feel the angry monster inside of me wanting to do this quest which is probably related to Team Plasma and finding Faitsu. Okay, I sounded like Hyuu. So this is what Hyuu felt like everyday.

"You bet we're serious," Gray fumed. "All the gym leaders are busy searching their towns, cities and routes for anything related to Team Plasma. The Elite Four as well."

"And the Champion," Black added. We raised one eyebrow. "The other Champion I mean. Like the Pokemon League's boss battle while I'm away."

"Why us? I mean, I'm fricking mad at Team Plasma and all and I'm really grateful but why us?" Hyuu asked, rubbing his arm, which was a bit bruised.

Gray rolled her eyes. "Because you guys won the Pokémon Tournament in Driftveil. You still got a long way to go but we can sense your determination and all that crap."

"You can pull this off," Black added.

It sounded a bit ridiculous but if this is the only way we could help save Faitsu, I'd jump over a cliff. "Okay then, what do we do?"

"Rakustu, you come with me," Black said and started to go outside Hyuu's room. I followed my sister's boyfriend, sharing the same look of hesitation in Hyuu. Maybe we were not fit for this after all.

We descended down the hospital's stairs,passing oblivious people along the way. I gulped. I don't know what to expect. The only thing I knew, this 'quest' is a big deal and people and Pokemon's lives are depending on me. We entered an empty white room then Black started talking.

"You are familiar with the two legendary dragons, right?" Black narrated. "Reshiram, the Dragon of Truth and Zekrom, the Dragon of Ideals. White and black. Yin and yang, simple as that."

"Yeah but the closest I ever got to see Zekrom was a meter away from the television screen," I said.

"That's irrelevant. Now, you do know I'm supposed to be the Hero of Truth and the former King, I mean ruler of Team Plasma was the Hero of Ideals."

I remembered the television flash a vid of Team Plasma's King, a tall guy with green hair that looked like pistachio ice cream or at least a bunch of grass tied together. "His name is N right?"

"Yeah that was his nickname. His real name is even weirder than that," Black said. "Anyway, Reshiram and I had been searching N and Zekrom for two years. Why? Because Reshiram and Zekrom needed each other as much as they hated each other. It's like this: Light is the opposite of darkness and vice versa. But light can't exist without darkness and it's the same the other way around. We've searched the whole of Unova and even got to the boundary of Sinnoh without Reshiram having a major headache, but we couldn't find a trace of N or Zekrom."

"Maybe N released Zekrom?" I asked.

"Nah. If he released Zekrom, I'd be forced to release Reshiram. They're connected. If Zekrom chooses another Hero, Reshiram would choose another Hero. And we can't afford that to happen. Not because of personal and selfish reasons but because of what Ghetsis would do if the two legendaries blocking him for his evil plans would be eliminated. Besides, the dragons might return to their hibernation form and who knows how many years it would take to find another Hero?" Black answered. "Besides... Reshiram wants to stay."

"So we are going to find N?" I concluded. 

"Pretty much, yes," he nodded. "I'm guessing N is still in Unova in hiding. And that's where you come in. You're going to accompany me in traveling to Unova. Yeah I can do it alone but that would be hard. I think N is avoiding me and so are Team Plasma blending in town. You look inconspicuous enough to blend in a crowd. You're a strong trainer too and I need someone who'll watch my back."